Your Guardian Angel (Narry One-Shot)

I worked on this for a fanfic comepetition so I figure why not post it? It's really short and cute :) Hope you like it!

-Harry’s Point of View-

I wake up and automatically search for him. I don’t know what he does when I sleep. Perhaps he explores London but he’s always there when I wake up. I mean always. He’s never faltered when it comes to me. My eyes scan the room and I immediately begin to panic.

“It’s alright. I’m here.” I hear his voice before I see him.

“Niall, you scared me.” I sigh kicking my sheets off.

He looks so gorgeous and breath taking. Any word I use won’t do him justice.

I don’t know whether he is only an illusion of my warped imagination or truly what he says he is. The thing is I’m the only one that sees him. I used to think I was crazy but not so much anymore. Maybe that does make me crazy. I’m eighteen with an imaginary mate. It isn’t normal. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing. If I know it’s crazy that makes me sane, doesn’t it?

I saw Niall for the very first time on my 18th birthday. He’d told me he was my guardian angel and he was here to properly protect me. At the time I had no clue what he was talking about. And for some reason unbeknownst to me, I didn’t question it. He seemed like a nice enough person or angel or whatever it is that he is. So…I didn’t mind.

What really got me was how beautiful I thought he was. Dark brown hair with a fair touch of blonde and angelic blue eyes that I’d never seen in my entire life.

He looks as real as you or me.

“Niall?” I ask stretching.

“Hm?”

“What happens when I turn nineteen?” I ask suppressing a yawn.

The question has been bouncing around in my head for quite some time. My birthday has been looming over my head for the past couple of days.

“I leave you.” Niall says sadly wandering over to the large bedroom window admiring the way the sunlight hits the trees this early in the morning.

“B-But that’s tomorrow.” I fiddle with the bed sheet, realization dawning on me. “I’m not sure what I’m gonna do when I wake up and you’re not here.” I laugh nervously even though the very thought makes my chest tighten and my eyes blur with tears. Trying to make light of the situation doesn’t seem to be working.

“Oh love, no, don’t dread the future. Let’s cherish the time we have left.” He smiles at me.

It breaks my heart. I regret asking the question. But I don’t know if it would’ve been better for me not knowing, just waking up and being alone. No. That would be worse.

I guess I expected him to always be with me. It all sort of is a shock to me. My breath is short and these emotions are raging inside of me. I’m sitting there shaking when Niall sits beside me. He puts an arm around me but I don’t feel it. Physically, I can’t touch him. It’s as if I’m touching a cloud. It’s visibly there but when you reach out to touch, there’s nothing. Once or twice I’ve bumped into his figure or where he should be only to feel nothing.

This overwhelming sense of sadness fills my chest.

“I wish I could touch you.” I sigh, letting just one tear drop.

“What is that like…? Touching?” He asks tilting his head slightly.

“It’s something indescribable, like love.” I explain. “I think I love you.”