Mason Chapter 3

As if it weren't already awkward, just me and her, now her father was here too, and I barely just met her.

I left the room to call my mom and tell her I was staying at a friends house for dinner.

I hung up the call early, after being yelled at for leaving without permission, but still stayed in the room.

"So who's this 'friend' of yours, Alyssa?" Her father asked.

"It's Mason, we met at school, were just friends"

"Just saying, it's strange walking into my house and seeing some stranger in my house with my daughter."

I entered the room and suddenly the conversation ended, which didn't surprise me

"I hope I didn't interrupt anything." I said cause I knew I did.

"No, you didn't, I was just gonna go check the power, maybe resetting the fuse will get the power on, but probably not, if it's cause by the snow." Her dad said and descended to the basement.

A few minutes later, the power turned back on.

"Nice one, dad, I had thought it was the snow that cut the power" Alyssa said.

"All in a day's work" Her dad said. "Now who's ready to start cooking?"

He went into the kitchen and pulled out a frozen ham, preparing and stuffing it into the oven. It didn't take nearly as long as I had thought it would to cook the ham or the potatoes.

"Alright, dinners ready, get in here." Her dad shouted through the house from the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen to find three plates of food sitting ready, waiting on us. I hopped in a seat and waited for everyone else to get situated before eating.

Everyone got situated and I started stuffing my face.

"Woah, can you even taste it?" Her dad asked followed by a small chuckle.

"Yeah, it's really good." I said

"Thank you"

I finished eating and checked my phone.

Oh jeez, twenty unread messages, I'm in deep.

I went and looked over them seven from my mom, four from my dad, and a bunch of others I ignored.

"I hate to eat and dash, but it's getting pretty dark out, and I want to get home, before it gets later, thanks for the food, though." I said.

"No problem, it was a pleasure." Her dad said.

"Bye see you at school tomorrow." Alyssa said.

"See ya." I said and left, getting on my bike.

Well, I'm going to die when I get home, so might as well take my time.

I got off my bike and started walking it back to my house, arriving a short while later.

I burst through the door, and just as i expected, I was in deep trouble, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

"Look who finally decided to come home" My mom said.

Here we go.

"What do you think you're doing? Leaving the house without permission all the while you're grounded?" She yelled.

"I just left the house for a little bit...a few hours"

"You were grounded!" She thought the small object in her hand at the wall, to express her anger.