Chapter 1 - It Begins

He was finally free. He'd theorised his way out of this godforsaken series that had been haunting him for the past year. Matt sat in his recording space and smiled, looking over his newest script. He checked outside to make sure Skip wasn't messing around outside the door and hit record. "Hello Internet, welcome to Game Theory. The show that's determined to never have a bad time." He paused for comedic effect. "Y'know because the big thing in Undertale is.... determination and... Oh never mind." He chuckled a bit at his own joke before carrying on with recording the episode.

~time skip~

Approximately halfway through the recording, there was a gentle knock on the door of the closet. Matt paused the recording and opened the door to see his wife, Stephanie, standing there with what looked like a box of pizza in her hand.

"Hey, I'm sorry for interrupting you in the middle of recording," Stephanie said, "but this just came for you and I thought you'd want it while it was still hot."

"Thanks Steph," Matt smiled, taking the pizza. "I'm famished."

"No problem. Not sure who sent it though. But it was paid for already so... free pizza."

Matt laughed, "Yeah, free pizza is always a good thing." He gave his wife a quick kiss and retreated back into the closet with his pizza.

He did find it odd that someone would just send him pizza completely out of the blue but it didn't really matter. It was pizza and he was hungry. Wondering what topping it had, Matt went to open the box but something glaring caught his eye. The design on the box.

It wasn't the standard Dominoes' pizza box they usually got, but it had a logo on it alright. It was a round badge like thing, featuring four animals; a red fox, a purple/blue rabbit, a yellow chicken and a brown bear.

The theorist's mouth went dry as he read the name emblazoned on the box: Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaria.

This was all a sick joke. It had to be. Freddy Fazbear's was all just a game. A game he'd beaten and put to rest already. "It's all just a sick joke." He said firmly. "Just a joke."

His stomach growled loudly, snapping him back to reality and allowing him to tear his gaze away from the animatronic animals on the box. "Dammit Matt," he scolded himself. "Just eat your damn pizza." He opened the box cautiously, paranoid that it would be booby-trapped. As soon as he opened the box, he only had a split second to register that there was nothing but shadows inside before the darkness formed two clawed hands that lunged out at him, grabbing him and dragging him into the darkness.