Doctor Doctor

Conrad wondered how long he was going to be able to keep up with his game. It was two weeks since he had first sat with Claire in his office. Nearly a week was spent on the island. Back to regular schedule meant that he didn't have to worry about her seeing through him 24/7, but he did have to spend two to three dates a week with her. Of course there was the paparazzi to deal with as well. She did not like it, or at least that is what she acted like. Thankfully she was busy getting ready for her trip to want to spend daily time with him, so he was able to carefully keep her happy while not spending every evening with her.

"Will you be coming to the wedding," Claire asked at dinner the night before she was scheduled the leave to New York. "Nancy says that John would love to meet you."

"I would love to meet them too, but I usually try not to attend a wedding, unless I am invited."

"Did I forget to give it to you?" She looked horrified. "I told Nancy to send it to me. I was afraid it would take too long to get through your mail office or maybe get lost. I just don't remember seeing it at my place. Of course you are invited. It is my fault that you didn't get the invitation. Will you come?"

"Where will it take place and when?"

"In four days, on Friday, at 6:00 PM, in the Marriott in Lower Manhattan. They reserved the whole place, so you can't get a room yourself. If you are coming, I will make sure that you get a room."

"If the invitation stands, then I accept. I will need two room, for myself and my security team. I won't be able to come with you though, but I will make sure my flight arrives with enough time to join you. If I can, I will get there the previous evening."

"That would be wonderful."

"It will give me enough time to get myself properly prepared to stop this wedding," Conrad thought to himself.

After seeing Claire off at the airport he called Ricky to see if there was anything he needed to be back at the office for. He knew there wasn't, but he wanted to make sure that Andre knew where he was going. "I'm feeling a bit under the weather, so I am going home early today."

"Are you okay, Sir" Ricky asked?

"I would marry this girl if I could bear to look at her," Conrad thought as he responded, "Yeah, but a touch of a headache." She was so caring and he just loved her voice, but he couldn't get past her face.

"Sleep well and feel better, Sir."

Conrad slept on the couch for the rest of the evening and woke at eleven. He had already made sure that the CCTV in his house would have him sleeping in his bed as soon as he told it to, so now all he needed was a quick bite and he slipped out the back door. It wasn't hard to get past the camera, now that he had them pointing away from him. He only had to pause his stride in order to get his bike over the fence. Within two hours he had successfully changed the tires on his bike at the local shop, just in case Andre followed his bike tracks, broken into a bank and exchanged his cash, just in case Andre had the serial numbers of the cash he had, had broken into Arm's and picked up five rifles, two Berettas, ammunition, and a few odds and ends. Leaving the cash in the register, he packed his weapons into boxes he picked up outside a liquor store, and was on his way to the 24 hour Taxi service.

"'suquze me. I was needin a ride to New Yawk City. What do you charge?"

"Take a plane, mister. I ain't driving 1,000 miles."

"Me in a flyin batub? No Siree. But my boss is needing dis there by Tursda night. Could you do it for 2 Gs?"

"Did I hear someone offer $2,000 for a trip to New York," a man came from the back slowly. He was eyeing this queer patron carefully. Youngish, darkish skin, messy white streaked hair, a bent back.