Chapter 10

Niall's POV

It had been a whole day since Emma had gotten hit. We had our second show at Jones Beach, it definitely wasn't our best. I felt bad about letting the fans down but my heart just wasn't in it. All I wanted was for my phone to ring and to hear Emma's voice on the other end.

I had a surprise for her that I think was going to win her back.

-------------

Emma's POV

It felt like all I had done was sleep since I got here. I looked at the clock on the wall, it was 4 in the afternoon. I had been in the hospital for about 18 hours. I wanted to leave but the doctor said he wanted to keep an eye on me for one more night since I said I lived alone. I drifted off to sleep again.

I woke up when I heard a knock on my door. I figured it was a doctor so I told them to come in. I turned my head towards the door and saw that it was my brother Graham walking through the door. I couldn't believe it. I started crying right away. He came over to me and looked at my cheek.

"Damn sis, she definitely left a mark." He was trying not to laugh.

"Seriously, this is funny to you? I got knocked out last night and you're laughing?" I hadn't even seen my face yet, another thing to look forward to.

"Sorry, it know it's not funny. How are you doing?"

"I'm okay. My head is just pounding. Wait, how did you even know I was in here? I didn't call you and forget about it did I?"

"No idiot. Your boooyyyyfriend called me. He sent a jet for me so I didn't have to drive. He was really worried about you. Who is this guy anyway?" He was trying to hide how cool he thought the jet was.

"His name is Niall. He's in the band One Direction. I really don't know if he's my boyfriend anymore though. This nice injury is courtesy of one of his fans." I pointed to my head and cheek.

"Emma, you're stronger than this. You have been through our dad cheating on our mom and their divorce. You got trough it when mom died and I know the type of relationships you have been in before and I know at least one was violent. You've been through worse than this and you're not a quitter. Do you really like him?" He seemed genuinely interested, that was new.

"I think I love him actually." I whispered.

"Then call him and tell him to get his ass over here so he can meet your big brother." He threw me my phone. I had 17 missed calls from Niall and about 25 texts.

I dialed his number and he picked up after the first ring.

"Babe? Are you okay? Did your brother make it there alright?" He sounded so worried. I really did love him.

"Get your cute ass over here so you can meet my brother. He needs to approve of any guy I'm going to date." I stuck my tongue out at my brother. He didn't like me calling any guys ass cute.

"I will get in a car right now. I will be there as soon as I can. Jesus, I'm so glad you called. See you soon beautiful." His voice was hurried.

I instantly felt at peace. I had my big brother with me, the only real family I had left and my perfect boyfriend was on his way.