Yelling

Ponyboy's pov

   The next morning Darry didn't talk to me either, he was definitely ignoring me, but why? What did I do this time.. What if... No soda wouldn't do that to me. I was getting tired of Darry ignoring me already, although it hadn't even been a full day it felt like forever.

Well I mean, if Darry is gonna ignore me, he won't notice if I'm.. Gone. Like somewhere with Johnny..

I'll go find him then, I go to walk out the door when Darry finally says something, "Ponyboy". I turn to look at him, "where do you think you're going" he inquired while crossing his arms, now he acknowledged I'm there. Great.

"Well, I was- I just, going-uh, s-somewhere" I stutter, "why do you care?" I add on, for a moment it was silent. "Because... I do." He started, Darry walked over and put his hand on my shoulder. "Listen, Ponyboy, I need to talk to you.." He finished.

Johnny's pov

   I was at the Curtis' house and I was gonna go in and see if Pony was there, but I saw through the door, Darry and Ponyboy standing there. Pony looked kinda peeved so I didn't want to bother them. This may be the wrong thing to do but maybe I'll spy on them?

  I was crouched down looking through their window, I don't know why I didn't leave, but I regret not now. Pony and Darry started yelling at each other, I could sorta make out some of the words, I think I heard "Johnny", and then it hit me. Darry's yelling at Ponyboy because of me. This is all my fault!

  I didn't know what to do, I mean pony was crying now and it was because of me! What if he hates me, or breaks up with me I couldn't live! I wanted to run.  I wanted to leave and never come back, but I know with those Socs on my trail, I wouldn't be safe. Now that I think about it... Maybe it would be better if I was just dead.

End of chapter 14