Great Morning

Ponyboy's pov

   I woke up the next morning smiling, I had dreamt of Johnny. I feel like I really like him, maybe even more than friends. I don't think I'd ever tell anyone though.

I slowly creep out of bed as if not to wake Soda and throw on some ripped up jeans and a sleeveless top and ran to the door.

I didn't really care about anything, especially breakfast, I wanted Johnny. That's all.

I basically ran all the way to the hospital, which, is a long way.

When I got to the entryway I was panting to catch my breath, I swung open the doors and asked the lady at the front desk about Johnny.

Of course he'd be asleep, my luck! I'd have to sit in the waiting room for who knows how long, but it was all for Johnny.

Sodapop's pov

I woke up to see that Pony wasn't in bed, he must've been awake already. I better go check on him.

To my surprise, when I went out into the living room it was empty. Not even some random hungover guy sleeping on our couch.

He must've gone to see Johnny, that kid is gonna get himself hurt one of these days. I would go up to the hospital and check on him, but I had to get to work.

I'm sure he'll manage.

Johnny's pov

I open my eyes a slit and the sunlight beams into my eyes. So bright, but then I remembered today's the day. The day I get to see pony, the day I get to go home.

Well probably not to my home.

Once I get my eyes fully open and adjusted to the light, I notice a nurse in my room. "Hi." I said, she looked over to me and just waved.

I put my shyness aside, it wasn't really needed. "So am I getting out today?" I ask.

This was one weird nurse. She just looked over and nodded, that gave me hope.

"You have a boy waiting for you in the lobby, says he's your best friend?"

"Yeah, Ponyboy. Can you please let him in?" I begged, once again she just nodded. Then she walked out.

Weird lady.

End of chapter 2