Sixty Seven: Fixing what's broken

Start from the beginning

"So you can lecture me about something?"

"No lectures this time. I just want to talk, that's all."

Justin furrowed his eyebrows.

"I... I can't."

"I'm not taking no for answer, Justin. I'll come fetch you myself if I have to." Jeremy said.

Justin said nothing.

"Come now, your girlfriend can give you one night off, can't she?" Jeremy went on.

Justin frowned.

"It'll be quick." Jeremy said. "A quick dinner. You don't even need to stay for dessert."

"O-Okay." Justin whispered.

"Good. I'll see you at 6."

"Yeah."

After putting his phone back in his pocket when Jeremy hung up, Justin furrowed his eyebrows again in confusion.

"What's up?" Alfredo asked.

"My dad's being nice to me." Justin crossed his arms.

"Do you know why?"

"I have a feeling."

"Maybe he just wants to give you a new big gift. Like a new car or something." Alfredo smiled. "Give the man a chance."

"Not my dad, Alfredo. Not my dad."

× × × ×

After a while of contemplating whether or not going for dinner was a good idea, Justin sucked it up and went, out of curiosity, of course.

Two things were bothering him and he wanted to get to the bottom of it all.

He parked his car and made his way to the front door where he rang the doorbell a few times.

"Ah, you made it right on time." Jeremy smiled when he opened the door to let Justin in.

He walked in slowly, his hands in his pockets.

"I hope you're in the mood for some sea food. We had a chef come in to make it all especially for you." Jeremy said.

"Okay." Justin said.

"This way. Elizabeth is waiting." Jeremy lead the way to the dining room.

"Hello, Justin." Elizabeth got up, smiling, to greet Justin with a hug.

He didn't hug her back though.

Something just didn't feel right and this feeling was tugging at his heart, almost making him angry because nothing made sense.

"Have a seat. Welcome." She said.

"Thanks." Justin took a seat.

"Would you like something to drink? Water, juice, wine...?"

"I'll help myself to some water. Thanks."

"Okay."

Jeremy took his place at the head of the table and they began to eat.

"So..." Jeremy spoke. "How's what's-her-face?"

"Jeremy." Elizabeth said.

Justin gave his dad a blank stare, quite annoyed.

"I thought you said this would be a peaceful dinner. You're deliberately calling her names again." He said.

"I'm sorry." Jeremy smiled. "I'm was just pulling your leg. How is she? Skylar."