Chapter Seven: Time

They didn't talk again. Even while filming Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Emma was glad that Hermione and Draco didn't have scenes together in this movie. The days went by like molasses. During breaks, they continued to go to Emma's house, and Tom's pool, and Dan's house, and even theme parks. But not once did Tom and Emma ever talk to each other unless they had to.

By the time the sixth movie, Half-Blood Prince, came out, Emma started to regret ever having that fight at the after party. Secretly, she hoped Tom regretted it, too. It was at the after party when Tom started dating Jade Olivia. After several years of acting, Emma was perfect at hiding her emotions.

Every once in a while, Tom and Emma would glance at each other for a split second. It was clear to the rest of the cast that the tension was still there. In front of cameras, Tom and Emma had to smile at each other and be friends. That probably softened things up a bit between them.

Ever since the break up, Emma had been spending quite a lot of time with Dan and Rup, her best friends. The trio posed together constantly, and did tons of interviews together. Emma found so much comfort in being with them. She even felt it easier to welcome Tom back as a friend in her life. Things were going okay again.

"Mm. I really love this chocolate fountain." Evanna Lynch, Luna Lovegood, said while staring lovingly at it. Emma smiled. She loved Evanna. She was just like her character. Sweet, warm, friendly, and strange in a good way. "There is so much food here. Where do I begin?" Evanna goggled at all the food on the long tables.

They were at an event called Comic Con. They were just about to go onstage in a few minutes. Emma and Evanna became very close over their bonding of womens rights and animal rights. They were both activists. Emma had always fought and argued for the rights of women and girls. She even created a campaign called HeForShe. Her main goal was to make as many people as possible aware of the difference in wages for men and women. She was the youngest womens rights activist in history. Emma was known for two things in this world, playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies and being a feminist.

She loved bringing awareness to gender inequality. Ever since working on the first Harry Potter movie, Emma was named the most successful British actress of her generation. So, as you could tell, her life was going great. She had also started attending Brown University in the U.S. Sure, it was difficult balancing a uni life and an acting career but she handled it very well. Not to mention she's currently working on two major blockbuster films. Well, just one. But she's attending premieres and conventions all over the world while filming the other film.

None of her other castmates decided to go to college, so she was pretty much alone in that. Tom and Emma seemed to be talking a lot more lately, but of course, not too close for he was still with Jade. She finally admitted it to herself: she hates Jade.

Emma hasn't been the only one to realise how Tom and Jade only ever really acted in love was when in front of cameras or in public. That was satisfying.

"How's life, Char?" Tom asked her one day. He calls her that a lot since her middle name is Charlotte. They were both leaning on a balcony of a fancy hotel in Italy where the main cast was staying for interviews.

Emma shrugged. "Good. I'm having a lot of trouble preparing my speech for UN next year, though." He admired Emma quite a lot. My, isn't she lovely? Tom sure seemed to think so. He smiled at her.

"You're brave for agreeing to speak about what's important to you in front of the world." He said.

"Well, I've lived my entire life in front of the world, haven't I?" She moved her hand over her head to block the sunlight.

"Don't we all?" He wouldn't look away.

Finally, she smiled. "Quite."

Saturday, Tom and Jade became even more distant. This was no longer pleasing to Emma since she had gotten into a relationship with fellow Uni student Allen Jogger. Emma enjoyed being with him at first, but soon she realised all he wanted to talk about was politics. She may like having serious conversations at times, but not all the time! She dumped him two months after dating. Although, Tom and Jade weren't interested in each other anymore, it didn't seem like they'd break up any time soon.

One evening, Tom and Emma found themselves alone in a hotel room in Paris. They were talking about their past relationship and how time just wasn't right for them, then.

"Maybe we should've waited 'til we were a bit older." Tom said, looking at the silky bed sheets. Emma nodded. They were both on the bed, fully clothed.

When the silence became overbearing, Emma would stand up and pace the room. Tom would watch her as she did this. He'd watch how her legs moved, how her hips seasawed, how her hair would bounce. After a while, it became unbearable. He stood up at lightning speed. She hadn't noticed this, yet.

He strolled over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, nuzzling his head in between her head and shoulder. As soon as he held on, he let go. Tom walked over to a small desk in the corner. Lying there was an old record player. He lifted the needle and placed it gently on the disc. Soft music began to play around the room. Emma decided to play along and dim the lights.

They walked towards each other, keeping eye contact. Chest to chest, nose to nose, they began dancing. His hands on her hips, her arms around his neck, both moving slowly. Though it was such a quiet, soothing moment, Emma was sure she had never felt so alive. They continued this way for a while and she had began to close her eyes. Suddenly, she felt soft fingers on her chin. She opened her eyes to see him staring back. For the first time that day, she smiled.

He leaned in closer and closer until their lips touched. She felt like roses had grown in her lungs. It was a beautiful but breath-taking moment.

She didn't know how or when they ended up on the bed in complete nudity.