Chapter One: The Auditions

The phone rang and she ran it answer it.

"Please, please." Her heart was pounding. Slowly, young Emma Watson rose the phone to her ear, hands shaking. The voice on the other end of the line complimented her audition. Emma held her breath.

"Congratulations, Emma! You got the role of Hermione Granger!"

Tears sprung from her eyes.

"A car pool will be there soon to pick you up for your first meeting with Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint." Then they hung up.

Emma screeched as loud as ever before. Her mom came running and Emma jumped in her arms.

"Congratulations, sweetheart! I love you so much!" Her dad said, smiling wide.

"Thank you guys so much! I'm so happy, I can't believe this is actually happening!" Her heart kept pounding as she thought back to her first audition.

She was standing in a room full of thousands of girls also wanting to be Hermione.

I don't stand a chance, do I? She thought to herself. She was so excited but after seeing how much competition she has, her spirits went down.

Next to her, was a light haired boy who was most likely auditioning for the role of Harry Potter or Ron Weasley. He was thin and had sparkling crystal blue eyes.

Cute, Emma thought.

The boy turned around; she quickly looked away, blushing.

He smiled and said, "Hi."

"Hi." She said back.

"I'm Tom."

"Emma."

He probably thinks I'm weird, She sighed.

"Tom Andrew Felton." Said a voice over the intercom. The thin boy said bye and walked onto the stage. He didn't look a tad bit nervous. After a man in the front row of an audience said go, Tom began to act out Harry's lines.

"I- I'm a what?"

"A wizard, and a thumpin' good'un, I'd say." Said the man.

"I- I can't be a, a wizard. I, I'm just Harry. Just Harry!"

He's good, thought Emma.

After all the Harry auditions, Emma was called up. Her palms were sweating like crazy. She thought she might ruin the paper. The director, she supposed, told her to go on.

She closed her eyes and counted backwards from five. Okay, I can do this. I can do this. She opened her eyes and began.

"Have any you seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one. Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then." The director cut her off and said next.

Oh my gosh, he hated it! What am I going to do now? Can I do it again? She felt her face get hot as she walked off stage. Through a mirror, she could see her eyes getting shiny. She was tearing up. This was her only chance to start an acting career and she ruined it. Now what? She started sniffing and rubbing her eyes. She kept walking, not watching were she was going when suddenly, she bumped into someone. She looked up to see those blue eyes again.

"Are you alright?" Tom asked her, showing great concern in his eyes. That was when she completely burst out crying and ran into the nearest bathroom.

"What an embarrassment!" She yelled to her reflection. Emma continued to cry.

The door opened, in came a woman with blonde hair tied in a ponytail. Emma recognized her from the audience. The woman had a warm smile. "What's wrong, honey?".