Chapter 1

You know that one person who comes into your life and changed everything. The one person you trust more than life itself. The one person that makes you happy, even when you feel like bursting out in tears. I'm not sure if it was an accident or gods intentions for us to be together. I'm also not sure when or how it happened. But all I know is that I Annie Leonhardt, is in love with Armin Alert

-

Happiness, sadness, joyfulness, enjoyment. All these emotions, and I. Annie Leonhardt. Have never felt a single one, I can't remember what it feels like to be happy, nor do I think I ever will, the only emotion I have ever felt in memory was depression, nothing but depression, ever since the accident, my sister told me I used to be a happy joyful child, that made everyone smile. I personally don't believe that. And here I am, 5:58 in the morning, thinking about what a shit life I have, and of course, it's on my first day of high school! Fun, fun, fun! Friends, boys, alcohol, drugs, and sex! All of these I have never experienced, and never will.

I look over from my wall to the window, the curtains were slightly open, letting a bit of light in, but not enough to fill the room. "Annie!" I hear from down the hall. I instantly assume it's my sister and quickly put the covers over me as if I was sleeping, I don't know why though. "Annie!" I hear the yelling getting closer and closer by the second. Until "ANNIE!" she swings my door open and barges into my room "Get up! Get up! Get up!" she says over and over again making me go insane. I barely ever talk, so me talking to her is a big deal, and she was visibly was trying to make me talk.

"Shut the fuck up! I'm getting up!" I say pushing her off me, she looks surprised, as if she's seen a ghost, and she rarely hears me swear so she was even more shocked. I throw the covers to the other side of my bed and drag myself out of bed. Flopping over, almost like a fish towards my wardrobe. "I'm going to get changed get out," I say quietly, but she heard and got out, and carefully closes the door, trying not to piss me off. I look in my closet and see the new uniform, white and blue, it kind of makes me cringe the colors together, but it wasn't as bad as the old colors I had to wear.

"Annie! What do you want for breakfast?" I hear her scream for the kitchen. I couldn't be bothered screaming back, so I just waited until she came up the stairs to talk to me. I waited about 2 minutes on my phone, but she didn't come up so I just decided to get changed. As I take off what I was wearing to bed I look at myself in my mirror.

"I fucking hate my body" I whisper under my breath, I'm too skinny, like to the point where you can see my ribs, I have small boobs and on top of that, I have cuts all over my body, but not on my arms, only stomach, back, and hips. After cringing at my body for 5 minutes I finally decided to put on my dress, the dress is short, to the point where I look like a slut, but I honestly don't fucking care, it was the only size that had that fitted me as well so yeah.

I hear footsteps up the stairs and act like I'm getting ready, I run over to my dressing table and get my brush and start brushing my hair, it doesn't really matter because it did need a brush it looked like a mess! I finally hear the door open and see she's holding a piece of paper in her hand, and her face looks like she was about to cry, fuck this isn't good. "Annie? Why is there a form saying you were accepted into the military?!"

"No, that's impossible, th- that can't be, what?!" I say as I get up off my stool, I take the form out of her hand and read it word for word.

"Hi, miss Leonhardt,

We would like to inform you to say that you have been accepted into training in the military for the scouting legion, we would like to congratulate you for this achievement, as for 1 in 10 people get in.

These are the following people you will be training with:

Armin Alert, Eren Jaeger, Mikasa Ackerman, Connie Springer, Sasha Blouse and Ymir.

We would like to say again, congratulations on getting into the military, please be at the campus by 3rd of February 2016. At 12:00pm

Kind regards, Keith Shades"

"No, this is not real!" I whisper quietly to myself while holding my head in my hands, "Sammy! This is fake!" I say looking up to her wide-eyed, I feel water coming down my cheeks, and I knew, this wasn't fake, this was real, I was going to join the military, and there was nothing I could do about it, I have to leave the only thing I love tomorrow. "I'm so sorry Sammy," I say hugging her tightly "I don't want to fight titans! I'm only 13! I can't!"