Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Kendall's POV
I woke up, it's about 8:30am on a Friday morning and I'm not happy to be up this early, especially since we're off of school today for some kinda school board meeting. A bunch of memories from last night started flowing back into my mind.

-Flashback-
·Jacob and I watched Pokémon.

·Jacob asked for a sandwich

·I couldn't find the peanut butter

·I went upstairs to get peanut butter from Kellin

·I made a complete fool of myself in front of a gorgeous guy.

·I took the peanut butter and made Jabob a sandwich

·20 minutes later Jacob fell asleep

·I spent the rest of the night watching Pokémon and scrolling through social media alone

·Mrs. Bostwick came home and paid me $70

·Andy picked me up

·I downloaded a bunch of Sleeping With Siren's songs

·I really liked them, so I went to sleep blasting my new SWS playlist

·I realised I had a crush on Kellin

Wait... Whuh?

-Flashback over-

I was expecting Kellin to come back downstairs last night, but he never did. I was really disappointed, but not shocked at all.
Nobody like him would probably even think about talking to me. I'm so stupid. Why do I have to be so fucking awkward around guys? He probably hates me. He's probably disgusted by me. He's probably in his mom's room right now, begging her not to hire me to come back to watch Jacob again.

As all these thoughts surrounded my brain, I ran to my bathroom before I nearly exploded. I locked the door and grabbed the blade from my cabinet above my sink. I ran the water so Andy wouldn't hear me wince at the pain. I took the blade and forced it onto my skin, leaving a horizontal cut along my wrist.
I immediately let out a sigh of relief. I felt like that was the only way of venting out my worries and frustrations. My left forearm was almost completely covered in scars from previous sessions with a blade and a mind full of hatred and
self-consciousness. I made three more cuts. As I was bandaging my wrist up, my phone rang.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you, cos I forget but I'll nev-

"Hello?"

"Hi, um is this Kendall?"

"Yeah."

"Sweet. This is Kellin, you probably don't remember me. I'm the older guy with the peanut butter stash behind a shoe box."

"Oh, uh- yeah! Um- what's up?"

"Well I never really got a chance to talk to you lat night. So I was wondering if you wanted to go to Hot Topic in the mall and hang for a bit maybe?"

"Oh, um- I'd have to ask my brother, Andy. How'd you get my number by the way?"

"Oh shit, sorry I forgot to tell you. My mom gave it to me in case I needed to get a hold of you."

"Oh alright. Well I'll go ask him and call you right back. Kay?"

"Sounds cool. Later."

"See ya."

Wow. Just wow. He actually wants to hang out with me? He doesn't hate me? He wasn't annoyed or disgusted by me?
The fuck is this sorcery?
Maybe it's all a trick. Maybe he's one of those guys, those guys who have you show up to the date, but they never come. The ones that you give your heart to, and when they take it, they throw it to the ground and step on it until there's nothing left but a memory on the floor. But then again, maybe someone is actually trying to be nice to me. I decided just to shrug it off and run downstairs to find Andy in the kitchen eating cereal.

"Morning And!" I ran up to him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey Ken! What makes you so happy at 9 in the morning?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Well that's what I came to talk to you about. Can I go with my friend to the mall? That's right, I ACTUALLY made a friend last night. At least I'm hoping by someone asking if I wanted to hang means that we're friends.."

"Of course! I'm so proud if you! Do I have to drive you or something?"

"I'm not sure, let me call him."

"WHOOOAAH WHOOW WAIT A SEC... HIM?!? AS IN A GUY?!? AS IN A GUY WITH A DICK?!? AS IN A GUY WITH BALLS?!? AS IN A GUY THAT MIGHT POSSIBLY WANNA FUCK YOU?!?!?!"

"Oh my God, no. What the fuck man? He invited me to the mall so we can go to Hot Topic.
HOT TOPIC, ANDY.
Since when have I ever turned down an opportunity to go to Hot Topic?"

"Okay, okay, but lemme ask you one final question. How old is he?"

"17."

"17?!? Which means he's hit puberty?!? WHICH MEANS HIS LEVEL OF TESTOSTERONE IS HIGH?!? WHICH MEANS HE'S GONNA WANT A VAGINA TO FUCK?!? WHICH YOU HAVE?!?!?!"

"Oh. My. God. Andy. I'm taking that as a 'yes, you can go as long as you don't fuck in the men's restroom behind the food court.'

"Fine. But don't fuck anywhere else either. And don't expect me not to whoop his ass if I see him look at you any certain way."

"Okay, okay. Fair enough. I'll call him."

-----------