Mama Always Knows

I wanted to make sure I was looking extra fly ( outfit in the multimedia) when I came down the massive stairs at my father's house. I put on my white and red outfit that my mom just brought me. "I look mad good." I say out loud. "Yes you do, baby," Javon said coming up behind me and kissing my neck. "First of all I'm not doing that with you again and second of all why are you here and who invited you?" I said removing myself from his arms and moved to the other side of my room to lock the door. "Jamal told me to come because we need to talk. He said you wanted to talk to me and I needed to talk to about what you think you saw,"he said approaching me again. "Nigga, what you think I saw. You and Valentina were definetly there. So you do that to everyone in a studio," I asked. "I don't baby I swear I don't. Valentina came on to me and I was trying to push her off. Then she said she was gonna hurt you if I din't sleep with her. I promise baby." He said giving me a hug and kissing my neck. I turned and kissed him on the lips and we moved to my bed. "No No we can't I'm sick and I still need to talk to you," I say pushing him off of me once again and stood up to fix my dress and lipstick. "I need to ask you a question. Did we use protection when we had sex," I asked. "Yes of course," he said. When he said that I felt a heavy weight lifted off me. I don't want or need any children especially at 17. After we talked for a little more and then I told him to leave because my dad is gonna kill him. He walked out the door and I kissed him goodbye. I fixed my makeup adn pulled my dress down and walk down the stairs just in time to see Jamal walking in. "Jamal Lyon, what in the world is wrong with you," I screamed and pulled him into the kitchen. "I see it worked," he said laughing while helping me fix the collar on my sweater. I hit him and we went to the door to get our mother. "Mommy," I said and ran and gave her a hug. "Ooh girl you look cute. You know mama know how to hook these outfits up," she said laughing and kissing Jamal on the cheek. We walk into the dining area and my mom sits at the head of the table. Me and Jamal was laughing our asses off because she don't knwo that's Anika's chair. I had a feeling her and my dad was fighting because they are usually the first ones at a family dinner. Then Hakeem walks through the door and says hi to all of us. "Where's your 200 girlfriends," I ask sarcastically. "Up your ass," he said. "Hakeem be nice to your sister," Dad says walking in. I wink at him and he gives me a hug, then says hi to Jamal and my mom. "Anika is still upstairs getting ready so I guess we will wait for her," he says. "It's okay Lucious we can wait. It takes time to look like me anyway," my mom said. I busted out laughing, that shit was mad funny. My dad glared at my mom and she winked at him. Anika finally comes downstairs. She gets to the dining room table and sits on the other end with my father. I could tell they were mad at each other but even still Anika didn't want to show that to my mom so she played extra nice. "What is she doing here Lucious," she asked. "She's the mother of my children she needs to get to know them," he whispered back. I smiled at the thought of my dad standing up for my mom and actually meaning it. I pray for the day they get back together. Their eyes were on each other all night and Anika noticed and glared at my mom. The food was finally and ready and we were served. 20 minutes into eating I felt so sick. "Aaliyah are you ok baby," My dad asked. "Stop babying her Lucious. This is why she is always lying and doing whatever she wants because you baby and spoil her," Anika said. "You know what bitch, I tried to play nice with you this whole dinner. Shit I even engaged in conversation with your ass and I thought we could be cordial. Then you talking about my kids I should beat ya--," my mom yelled. My dad interuptted her, "Anika you need to fucking leave. You've been disrespecting Cookie and Aaliyah way too much and I'm sick of that shit. Pack ya shit I don't love you anymore," he said to her. She got up ans stormed out. "I was going to break up with you anyway," she screamed and took her shit and left. "Now let's continue," Jamal said excited. He hates Anika just as much as me. "Mom I don't feel well. Can you come upstairs and help me find medicine," I asked her. "Sure, babygirl." Me and my mom get up from the table and go upstairs. I run to my bathroom as soon as I get up the stairs. "Mommy--I think I'm.." I muttered. "Pregnant". I said. "I know baby," She said. "How you know..., Mama Always Knows. "What do I do? Dad is gonna kill me...and Jamal and Hakeem is going hate me and omg Javon is probably gonna want nothing to do with me." I say sobbing into my mothers arms. "Baby look, I'll tell ya father and you won't have to tell Javon or anyone else. Because we will get a pregnancy test and then I'll take you to get it handled," She said. When she said that I was so relieved. I felt bad for wanting to kill the baby or whatever. But I just turned 17 and it was just bad timing and my career. "Thanks so much Mom. I love you so much". She told me to go to stay with Jamal for the night while she talked to Dad. She knew he'd be so disappointed in me. We went downstairs to get Jamal before he left. "Mal baby, Aaliyah is gonna stay with you tonight because---well she'll explain it in the car," my mom whispered so my dad and Hakeem wouldn't hear. We got my bag and coat and we left to go to the car. While we were walking out I saw Hakeem and said Bye. I realized I didn't say shit to my dad. "Bye Daddy," I said and hugged him. "Bye babygirl have fun," he said.

Cookie's POV
"Looks like it's just me and you baby," Lucious says sitting across from me. "Shut up, I need to talk to you about Aaliyah and it's serious. And don't get mad," I said. He looked up attentively and anticipated what I was going to say. "Aaliyah and I think she's pregnant," I said. I watched as Lucious' facial expression change to a sad one. I would think he would be more mad than disappointed or sad. "You know when she was little. I tried my best," he said. "I know you did," I interrupted. "No matter what I did to help her, it wouldn't equal up to you being there. I feel responsible," He said. "It's not your fault Luscious. She chose to have unprotected sex with some guy so that's the outcome. I just wanted to run it over with you, that I'm going to take her to abort the baby," I said. "Whatever she wants," he said grabbing my hand. I started crying for some reason. "What's wrong Cooks," he said wiping my tears away. "When I went to jail, I was pregnant. I never told you and then when I got up the courage I was already walking into the jail. And I got rid of the baby because I was so mad at you for letting me go away for that long. I've lived with this for 16 years and I've never felt so bad about it until now," I said honestly. "I'm sorry Cookie you had to go through that," he said honestly hugging me. He wiped my tears and turned on music and "Your so Beautiful" started to play. "Remember this," Lucious said laughing. "Yes it was always such a good song," I said smiling knowing it was about me. I had just had Hakeem and I was feeling fat as fuck so he wrote that song to make me feel better. "Because it was about you," he whispered. As he said that he inched closer, I knew this was heading in dangerous territory but I didn't really care at this point. "You always did it for me," I said. "You never stopped doing it for me," I said. Lucious took my face and kissed me. It was explosive, imagine kissing the love of your life for the first time in 17 years. We continued to kiss and he led me upstairs. You guys all know what happened next....