3

We arrived in the Village and Baki went to go meet with the other Jonin or something. 'Probably planning something evil.' I scoffed in my head. Kankuro wanted to explore, so we just wandered around the village. Gaara and I stayed apart from the other siblings, jumping through trees overhead instead of walking on the ground. I liked this village, it wasn't as hot as Sunagakure, but it also wasn't freezing cold. Maybe they are even friendly to Nekos, maybe I should move here. I look up at Gaara and realize that I could never leave him, he was my whole life, and I owe him mine. I was supposed to be the one with the demon inside me, not him. I was supposed to be the one shunned and hated in the village, he never asked for this.

I realized Gaara stopped hopping through trees a little too late and I had to back track. Gaara was hanging upside down in a tree five hops back from where I was. When I got there I noticed he was watching Kankuro and some other kids talking on the ground, there was another boy in the branches below us. He threw a rock at Kankuro's hand and I hissed. Kankuro dropped the kid he was holding and his attention went to the tree. Kankuro and the boy argued for awhile then Gaara jumped in.

"Kankuro, back off." All attention turned towards us as Gaara spoke. I sensed the surprise on the boy in the tree with us. "You're an embarrassment to our village."

"Eh? Uh... H-hey, Gaara." I gave a feline smirk at Kankuro's bewilderment.

"Have you forgotten the reason we traveled all the way here?" Gaara asked, his voice was calm.

"Uh, I know I-I mean they challenged us, they started the whole thing, really." He chuckled nervously. "See, here's what happened-"

"Shut up." Gaara interrupted, his patience being tried. I purred with agreement, I wasn't up for a rant from the puppet boy. "Or I'll kill you." I stopped mid-purr, surprised, my tail twitched as Kankuro apologized. Gaara turned to the raven-haired kid on the branch below us. "I'm sorry, for any trouble he caused."

I followed Gaara down and out of the tree, him using his sand, me just climbing down. "Lets go, we didn't come here to play games." Kankuro agreed with Gaara and we started to walk off.

"Hold on! Hey!" The pink haired girl called to us, we stopped, I didn't even turn a whisker.

"What?" Temari replied, annoyed, but I could tell deep down she was shaken up from Gaara's earlier threat.

"I can tell from your head bands that you've come from the village hidden in the Sand. Of course the Land of Fire and the Land of Wind are allies, but no shinobi can enter another's village without permission. So state your purpose- and it better be good." Pinkie explained.

Temari turned. "Really? Have you guys been all living under a rock, or what? You don't know whats going on, do you?" She held up her pass Baki gave to them on our way here. "We have permission. Of course you're correct, we are Hidden Sand Genin, our home is the Land of the Wind. We're here for the Chunin Exams. Get the picture?"

"The Chunin Exams I never heard of it, believe it." The blonde boy spoke up.

"Oh, I believe it alright." Temari said amused.

A smaller boy beside the blonde explained it to him- and me, as I was just as clueless.

We all started walking again but the raven haired boy called to us, I dug my claws into the ground, tired with all the interruptions.

"You there, identify yourself." Raven called. Raven, Blondie, and Pinkie, such a variety, I purred.

"Me?" Temari asked, her voice more high pitched than usual.

"No, him, the guy with the gourd and cat, I would like to know your name." Raven explained.

Gaara stopped and looked back. "My name is Gaara of the Dessert, and I'm curious about you too. Who are you?" I tilted my head, why is this guy so special?