8. "What's a condom?"

Start from the beginning

"Why have you moved my bed?" I ask as I notice it's changed position as it is now pushed against the wall it was previously adjacent to, "and what the hell is that?" I add, pointing to a pink cupboard that was placed in the spot where my bed used to be.

"It's my shoe cupboard" she tells me, in a tone that suggests I should have known that, "and I moved the bed to fit it in-"

"And what the hell is all that about?" I seethe, pointing to my wall, where two large posters have been placed, side-by-side. One is a poster of The Vamps, a picture from their latest album cover. And if it's not weird enough that I have a poster of my brother on my wall, my eyes fall on the other poster. It's a poster of Brad Simpson.

I just...

I have no words.

"What's all the shouting about?"

I turn to see Tristan has appeared by my side and he's taking in the new 'makeover' that's been given to my room.

"Wow..." He says, "it's, erm, very... pink"

"That's one word for it" I mutter.

"Oh, hi Brittany" he says politely, as he notices the two girls lounged across my bed, "hi Brittany's friend"

"Hi Tristan" Brittany beams, whilst Tiffany gives him a flirty smile and bites her lip. Cringe. He could do way better than one of Brittany's bratty mates. In fact, he already is.

"Oh..." Tristan breathes as his eyes fall on the two posters stuck in the wall, "wow, erm..."

"Don't, Tris" I sigh, "just don't"

"Is that Brad?"

"Tris, just don't"

"You've got a poster of Brad on your wall" he says, biting his lip to try and stop himself from laughing.

"Don't" I say sternly through gritted teeth as he holds back the laughter and the comments, "I mean, not only have I got that living in my room" I point at Brittany, "I've now got that there as well" I point at the poster.

"He's my favourite member" Brittany explains, gazing up at the poster.

"Of course he is" I mutter, rolling my eyes. Tiffany starts introducing herself to Tristan whilst I glare at the poster in disgust and wonder how Brad would look with a Sharpie monobrow and handlebar moustache.

A moment later, I feel a hand on my shoulder and I look behind me to see it's my mum.

"Y'alright?" she asks, rubbing my shoulder. I just grumble in response, narrowing my eyes at Brittany.

"I know you've only just got here" my mum begins, "but I was thinking that we could go and have a look at some bridesmaids dresses in a bit"

"Okay" I nod, "who's we?"

I know who we is, I'm just hoping that my mum has realised that Devil Child can't be a part of the wedding ceremony because having Satan in a church is just wrong on so many levels.

"Me, you, Millie" she pauses slightly, "and Brittany"

"Ooh, you're really selling it to me, mum" I joke.