You Get a Necklace

Start from the beginning

"How long you'd be needing it?"

"No more than a week, sir," she quickly responded and he nodded.

She pulled out a brown little sack that held her coins, fetching as much as she could she set it on the table. The man looked down at her payment and sighed. "Here's yer key, miss." He handed her the key and collected the coins. She turned and ran towards the stairs, anxious to bathe.

The bartender tried to call to her before she was gone, he forget to mention one very important fact about the room she rented.

Oops.

The princess tried the key into all the doors until it opened the last one, all the way down the hall. She walked inside and smiled, closing the door behind her. She threw off the shawl, and stripped out of her dirty dress. Now in her undergarments she walked towards the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror, her hair was down plainly. She looked beautiful, but there was a factor that made her seem to fit in better with the villagers, the peasants. Dirt was on her cheeks making her hold a grungy look, and under her nails was also dirt. She turned around to find the bath already filled. Wanting to bathe, and relax, she took off her undergarments and climbed into the tub, falling into the warm water feeling blissful.

She closed her eyes and a small smile reached her lips, she tried to imagine herself back at the castle. Enjoying the hot tea, warm blankets, and a good novel. "The bath is ready for you, sir," the princess heard and her eyes flew open. The bathroom door opened and the princesses hands covered over her assets.

Her eyes pet a pair of shocked light brown ones. "What the—"

"Out! Get out!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, he turned on his heel and shut the door behind him, his heart beating fast and his mind blank. What was a girl doing in his bath? Let alone his room.

The princess stood up in the tub and reached for the towel hanging next to it, wrapping it around her bare body before stepping out of the tub. She stood, looking at the door scared to leave the room. "How in the hell is there a woman in my bath?" A mans voice yelled on the other side of the door. "I want her out of here, immediately. I can't believe this... This place allows tramps to insert themselves into a persons living quarters with no consequence! I am a man with a high title, I deserve more respect than this!" The princess swallowed, only she wasn't afraid anymore, she was angry.

"Maybe that prostitute was a welcoming present? Perhaps this will let you calm your nerves," another voice said. "Please, my prince, settle down. You'll scare the girl." Prostitute? She was of no such thing. She was a princess for goodness sake! High class, royalty.

She had thrown away the fear of walking out of that room and facing them, but forgot she was only covered by a towel. She opened the door and was met with the two men staring at her, both bewildered. "Prostitute? I am a respectable woman who was cheated! I am roy—" She cut herself off once she realized she almost gave away her cover. "I am no strumpet." She said, looking to the floor as she thought over what she had just said.

The man who looked younger, and who she thought was handsome, stepped forward until he stood a foot in front of her. He lifted up her head so her eyes could see his when he spoke. "I think you should get dressed, then we can discuss what we're going to do after, hm?" His eyes were beautiful in her opinion, and the way his voice was smooth and soft made her believe he was indeed a prince. His charm, his attractiveness, the way he made her forget her angry and sour emotions after talking was like something magical.

She soon dressed into a plain brown dress and braided her hair back. As she looked at herself in the mirror, she was happy her looks weren't as plain as the dress she was wearing, otherwise she would be embarrassed and self-conscious to communicate with a handsome prince like the one on the other side of the door.