Why Is My Boyfriend Trying To Kill Me? (a complicated love story)

It was bright. Way too bright. I was pretty sure I closed the curtains before I went to bed...

"Moaning and groaning won't stop me." suddenly it was twenty degrees colder in my room. I scrunched up into a ball. "You are getting out of this bed. Right now."

I opened my eyes slightly. The sun pierced throughout my vision. It was definitely too damn bright for January. When I opened my eyes again-squinting. The first thing I noticed were the pink curls. I groaned in frustration. "Janie, what the hell are you doing in my room?" I mumbled, searching with my hands for my comforter.

"I called your cell like ten times. You are going to make us both late to school if you don't get off your lazy ass." She said, her tone hard. When she realized I was half asleep, she yanked my hair.

My eyes sprung open. "Janie what the hell!" She had started tugging on my hair, forcing me out of the warm safety of my sheets.

"Get your ass in the shower. I'm giving you twenty minutes." she said, glaring at me.

I flipped her off before running to the bathroom. Sometimes it sucked having the schools toughest wrestler as your best friend. Getting up early sucked even more. I sighed as I stripped out of my pajamas and into the shower.

It wasn't even a good five minutes before there was a harsh knock on the bathroom door. "you have two minutes, then I'm coming in there and dragging you out completely naked by your hair."

I rolled my eyes. Janie was such a drama a drama queen.

"You know you are a real pain in the ass." Janie said when I entered my room two minutes later."Well good morning to you too." I frowned. "who let you in anyway?"

"Your mom. She was rushing and said she'll call you later." I frowned again. If my mom continued running late to work...

"So why are you here?" I asked.

Janie sighed and ran a hand through her pink curls. " We were supposed to leave early and see if we could catch up with Mr. Taylor. I don't think we'll make it anymore. Ugh." she sighed again.

Janie had an unhealthy obsession with our hot new gym teacher. Even though she intimidated every guy she ever talked to, her girly flirty side came out whenever she was near Mr. Taylor.

By the time we were in Janie's car, it was seven ten. She scowled at me. "I can't be your alarm clock every morning, Alex. If I don't try with Max, some slut might try and steal him away!"

I rolled my eyes. "First off, he's our GYM teacher. That's gross. And second, he doesn't even pay any attention to the girls In our school."

"he'll pay attention to me." she said simply, a mischievous smile playing on her features.

I didn't even bother responding. She was thinking of something crazy, I just knew it. If she thought joining the wrestling team and dying her hair pink was going to catch his attention, I couldn't wait to hear what else she would come up with.

Ms. Evens had already started her lecture about molecular biology by the time Janie and I slid into our seats.

"Were you girls here?" she asked, turning her back on the white board, eyeing me and Janie suspiciously.Janie spoke up. "Of course Ms. Evens. Where else might we have been?" She said in an innocent voice. I snickered.

Ms. Evens turned her beady eyes on me. "I don't remember seeing a pink head."

"Maybe you should eat more carrots. Some old hag told me they're good for your eyes or something." I said, smirking as the class erupted into laughter. Leave it to me to turn her words against her.

When the class returned to normal, she narrowed her eyes at me. "Detention. Today."

While she wasn't looking, I flipped her off. Did she actually think she of all people could give me a detention?