Chapter 1: Wrong Cure

"Are you sure" Duke Harold coughs," about this" laying on the bed, in bad shape from his lung cancer. He tries to sit up but fails.

Ralph Harold looks at his father," I promise you, I won't let you die like this". He sticks the syringe into his father's skin, and watches as the mysterious liquid inside the syring goes into his father's vein.

"If this works" his father coughs up some more," then you'll be a hero to the whole world".

Ralph, 32 years old with a wife and two kids back at home, wearing blue jeans and a white tee shirt,  looks at his father, taking the syringe from his vein,"I'm not going to the wedding. I'm staying here until you're better, until I know for sure that this works".

"You tried this" his father coughs up some blood on the bed," you ever try this on a human?"

"I tried it on rats and bunnies before, when they had cancer. It went away, but they got more aggressive. Sort of zombie-like. But they got better after a while. I kept working on this virus, and getting closer and closer to the cure for cancer. I think I may have it".

"Aggressive?" His father looks at his son," what do you mean?" His father then feels his heart," something's happening".

"Hang on" he grabs his father's hand," we'll make it through this together. Don't give up".

His father starts having a seizure on the bed, foaming at the mouth. A minute later he just lays there, eyes closed and almost looking like a dead person.

"Dad?" Ralph puts his ear to his father's heart, but doesn't hear a beat as he presses on his body," dad, you can't leave me yet" tears start falling from his face. 

Ralph walks out of the room, down the stairs and into the small kitchen. He looks down, more tears falling from his eyes, just as he takes out a gun he brought with him. He stands there for a good five minutes, angry and disappointed in himself. He looks inside, making sure it's loaded then slowly walks back up the stairs, into his father's room.

Ralph looks on the bed, but his father's body is gone. He looks around the room," where are you?" Whispering to himself.

Just as he turns around his father attacks him from behind the door, biting his arm as he drops the handgun and it rolls underneath the bed. Ralph fights his father off him as he reaches for the gun, but feels another bite go into his ribs, and he screams out loud. 

"Ralph?" Suddenly another person runs into the room, then pushes his father off of him, staring in horror at the incident.

"You gotta kill him" Ralph yells at his 17 year old son.

"But, that's my grandfather" his son tells him, just as he watches as the old man gets back up, then runs at him digging his teeth into his chest, as his fresh flesh.

Ralph quickly grabs the gun, then points it at his father, watching him devour his son like there's no tomorrow, he aims then shoots his father's neck. He pulls the trigger a couple more times, but misses the head with water in his eyes, he turns around as his father turns back to him,and runs down the stairs and out the door, leaving his father alone with his dinner. His bite marks still hurting.