"Y- you can't kill me. I know you can't. I-if you had wanted to end my life you would hade done it already." My words were quiet but strong.

"You're right I can't kill you, but that doesn't mean that I can make you suffer," he said coming closer and closer. I was trying to get away until I reached the end of the balcony. I had to create a plan and fast if I wanted to avoid any more damage from that ass hole. I grabbed the stone fence that was keeping me from a three-story fall, and use it to help me get up.

He was inches away from my face. Ok, Rose, you have to kill him. Your freedom is a srigoi away, you can do this. I turn around and swing my stake in the air. The stake pierced the strigoi's chest. I was only 4 inches away from killing him. This would be over soon.

I was trying my best to dig deeper into his chest, yet the pain in my head wasn't helping. He came forward and I was pressed against the fence. I couldn't keep my balance, and his body weight wasn't helping.

"Rose!!!" the voice of the love of my life said while opening the balconies door. I was safe, everything would be ok now I thought to myself. Then the unexpected happened the srigoi pushed both of us of the balcony, and the world became dark. 

Dimitri's point of view:

"Rose!!!" I scream trying to show her that I was here, that I would protect her. The next thing I saw made me run as fast as I could to the edge of the balcony. She has fallen off the balcony with the strigoi, and I wasn't fast enough to save her.

I saw her lying in the white snow, and I couldn't help but think the worst. I ran down the stairs and out the door to find Rose in top of the strigoi. I checked her pulse. She was alive but didn't look like she was fine. Then I saw the srigoi and started to freak out. He worked for Julian. I used to work with him as a srigoi.

I started thinking about the dead strigoi and instead examined Rose. The srigoi and snow cushioned her fall however it must still have been a hard fall. I pick her up and took her to the living room where Edgar and William were ready to fight against the srigoi.

I placed her on the couch and looked for any injuries, opened wounds, and bruises. She was bleeding from the side of her head, and also the side of her leg just above her knee. She had a giant bruise on her ankle that was becoming more colorful with each second. Also, she had bruises on her neck that were right next to the scratches that I had created earlier that night.

"Edgar bring me bandages, a bowl of water, and rubbing alcohol. William comes and holds her head up," I said while trying to keep myself from becoming more unstable then what I was at that moment. Blood slowly drifted from her nose. I wiped her nose and also cleaned the dried blood on her forehead with a napkin.

"Here Dimitri," Edgar said while handing me a bucket of water and the first aid kit.

"Edgar checks her Eyes pupils, William keeps her nose from bleeding." I grabbed a roll of bandages, medical tape, and came down her leg to find a swollen ankle. I rapped the bandages as tightly as I could around her ankle to keep it from not healing properly.

"Her pupils are dilated," Edgar said flashing a flashlight at me. She has a concoction, I thought to myself. "Keep her head up with a plow," I ordered William. He obeyed and placed a plow under her head. I started cleaning the holes that she had in the side of her right leg I grabbed a wet towel and started cleaning the derided up blood. After I could see the injury completely I realized they were created by nails. I grabbed rubbing alcohol and a cloth. I pressed the cloth against her wound, and then a scream came out of her.

"Stop it, please Robert, stop," she was shaking with fever. I started searching for her choki, but I didn't find it on her wrist. "William, go look for her choki upstairs, Edgar help me pin her down," I grabbed one of her arms and present it down.

"Dimitri help!!!" Rose kept on screaming. I felt helpless unable to protect her inside her dream or even outside her dreams.

William came running downstairs with Rose's choki. "Put it on her," I said while still trying to keep her on the couch. He placed the bracelet on her wrist, and she started becoming calmer with every second. However, she never stopped shaking. Edgar let go of her and started moving back, he was waiting for my directions. Then I pick her. I walk up the stairs until I went to one of the guest rooms. William opens the room's door. I came inside the room and placed her on the bed.

"Edgar please go guard outside for anymore strigoi, William guard outside the room," I said and Edgar and William stepped outside, and I was left alone with Rose. I quickly tried to stop her fever, but I need more towels, so I went inside the tiny restroom that was inside the room. Then I started placing water over 3 small towels. I came back inside the room and placed one of the towels on top of her forehead. Then placed the last two towels on her arms, and please my hand in the top of her forehead.

Julian knows that I gave information to the guardians to destroy all strigoi contacts, and groups. He wanted revenge because of what I said, and he used Rose to get it. What if more come. I am sure that if Julian doesn't get news or realize the srigoi that came tonight isn't bad, we will have 1-2 days at most. I knew that I would have to call Ade to let him know what happened. However, he was going to kill William, Edgar, and most importantly Me. He would think that I am weak, and not worthy to have his darter. Because it's the truth. I didn't protect Rose. I shouldn't have let her become involved with my problems once more.

After a few minutes, her fever was coming down, however, her bruises were becoming more colorful in her tan skin. I asked William to bring me 2 ice bags for Rose's foot and her head.

Rose appearance was as if she was in a battle against 20 strigoi, she looked like this thanks to me being made at her.

She was peaceful for the rest of the night. I didn't fell asleep or even thought of leaving her once. I wasn't going to let this happen again. As I was wetting the towels once again I heard some complaining. I went inside the room and saw Rose complaining about her head.  

Rose's point of view:

I got up with a headache worse than a hangover. I placed my hand in the top of my forehead to find a wet towel. Dimitri came out from the restroom and into the room. He was carrying a bowl with wet towels. I tried to move my legs but it hurt like hell. Then I remember everything that happened.

"Nice to see you woke up," Dimitri said while changing the wet towels on my head and legs. Every breath I took hurt, and when he touched me it hurt more. However, I didn't want him to see me in pain, so I put on my best smile. "N-nice to see y-you comrade" I tried to talk but my voice would just brake when I tried to talk.

"Rose I know you are in pain. Don't try to pretend you are not," He said in a disappointed voice. He knew this was some way his fault.