Chapter 3: Albert

Hi guys!

So I just realized that I have so many grammar mistakes.

Please forgive me for English is not my native language. Haha!

As always, I'm gonna make this brief.

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it and please vote for me!

xo - AJ :)

--------------------

Chapter 3: Albert

An image of a very beautiful lady came across my eyes.

She was wearing a white dress topped with a white shawl.

I can see her mouth moving as if she's saying something.

I can't hear her but I can read her lips.

She's saying "Honey, wake up."

"Honey, it's not your time yet."

And then I realized, that she was my mom.

-----

I woke up right next to my dad.

He was holding my hand, praying.

"Ren!" My dad chirped as his bland face suddenly turned lively.

"Are you okay Kiddo? Does something hurt?" He worriedly asked.

"No Dad, I'm fine." I said as I slowly lift myself up to sit.

"You sure?" He asked, keeping his worried look on his face.

"Yes, Dad." I claimed.

"Knock, knock I'm coming in!" Carol came in holding my favorite teddy bear, Mr. Cuddles (Which is so not embarrassing since many girls still have their own stuffed toy best friend).

"I'm gonna leave you two here while I get you something to eat, okay?" Dad said followed by a kiss on my forehead.

"Okay." I replied.

"I'm so sorry for making you ride with Jake. I swear I didn't know he drives fast an-" I stopped her.

"No, it's okay. It wasn't your fault." I said.

Carol hands me Mr. Cuddles.

"So, how are you feeling? " Carol asked as she places herself in the chair next to my bed.

"Good. I just want to know what happened after I collapsed in the restaurant." I asked.

"Well," she grinned. "After you collapsed Mr. Prince Charming, AKA Jake, carried you all the way to this hospital 5 blocks away from Romano's."

"I asked him why he didn't drove you up to here instead and he said it's because he knew that he'll end up driving fast again and that might just make your condition worse."

"He's a keeper Ren." She teased.

"Whatever." I blushed.

Knock knock

"Come in!" I said.

Jake came in holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey Arren, Carol." He greeted.

"Hey Jake." I replied.

"I'm gonna give you two some privacy." Carol said as she gave me a devilish grin and reached for the door.

"I'm really sorry for what happened yesterday. I really didn't mean to cause you trouble. I'm really sorry." Jake apologized.

"No, it's okay. It's an accident." I said.

"But still," He paused. "Y'know what? I'm gonna make it up to you."

"No you don't have to-"

"I want to." He claimed. "Please? I promise not to drive like a mad man."

"Okay." I smiled.

"Great! After you get out of here, I'm gonna take you to the best restaurant here in Camarillo."

"Taco Bell?" I joked.

"Haha," He laughed. "No!"

"Where then?" I asked.

"I'll surprise you." He said as his eyes made contact with mine.

"And who do we have here?" My dad asks as he enters my room.

"Hi sir, I'm Jake." He said as he pulls out his hand to give my dad a handshake.

"Hey, I'm Albert." My dad shakes Jake's hand.

"Can I talk to you outside real quick." My dad ordered.

"Of course sir."

I got up my bed and went close to the door to listen to their conversation.

I can't hear much but I heard them talking about me and how my dad doesn't forgive him for causing me to collapse.

"I really love my daughter and I don't want anything bad to happen to her." My dad said. "I talked to her doctor. He said that she has colorectal cancer." He paused. "And she's already in stage 3."

I'm sure most people would've probably cried if they hear such news about them. But I didn't.

I just stood there and kept listening to them even though I didn't really paid attention to what they're saying.

I can hear my dad blaming Jake and at the same time thanking him.

I've never heard my dad sound so miserable before.

I slowly walked back towards my bed. I stared at the ceiling thinking what would happen next. But I just don't know.

My dad walked in my room.

"I need to talk to you Kiddo." My dad said as he sat to the chair next to my bed.

"What about Dad?" I asked even though I knew exactly what his gonna tell me.

"I talked to your doctor, Mr. Finch, and he told me about your condition."

"I already know Dad." I paused.

"And I totally understand. Don't worry though, coz' I will fight this unlike Mom."

My dad started shedding some tears and within seconds, he was bawling.

-------------------

Thank you for reading chapter 3 of ATB.

Please tell me what you think about It.

I would love to read your comments. :)

PS.

Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Until then, keep safe and have a great day!