Having detention was now way better than being Jax's tutor.

I mean, who wants to be the tutor of a spoilt, conceited and rude person? Well, not me.

"Shailey?" I heard a familiar voice rang out behind me, jolting me back to reality.

"Huh?" I asked as I turned around to look into a pair of brown eyes. "Oh, hey Kelsi," I said with a small smile.

"What's bothering you?" She asked kindly as she looked at me with concern evident in her eyes.

"Nothing much. I was just thinking about what principal Smith told me earlier."

"Oh right, I meant to ask you earlier but I didn't have the chance to see you. So, what happened?"

"Well, she asked me to be Jax's tutor. To help him perform well in his academics and to help him maintain a good conduct in school. I don't want to do it."

"Jax's tutor?" Kelsi exclaimed a little too loudly, making everyone in the hallway turned their heads to look at us. "Sorry..." she muttered under her breath.

"Yes, Jax's tutor," I repeated.

"You have to do it Shailey. Every girl in this school would kill to be your position right now. Literally," she said seriously, making me laughed out loud.

I threw my head back and clutched onto my stomach as I laughed till my cheeks started to hurt. Once I recover from my laughing fit, I looked at Kelsi to see that she was looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Wait, you are serious?"

"Yes Shailey," she said with a playful eyeroll.

"But he has a bad attitude, he is rude. He is cocky. He is conceited and everything."

"Rude? Cocky? Conceited?" She repeated in disbelief to which I responded with an exaggerated nod. "Shailey! Are you forgetting that he is one hot mother fucker? Sorry, I had to swear to emphasise how hot he is."

"I can't deny that he is hot. But with such an attitude, I don't buy that."

"Every girl in this school like that kind of shit. Bad boys and their leather jackets, there's just something about it," Kelsi said with a mere shrug.

"Well, you are not wrong," I said with a chuckle. "What's with girls and bad boys? What's even so good about them?"

"They are usually hotter and more mysterious and stuff like that. Girls like that."

I nodded and glanced at my phone to see that it was already 4pm.

"Oh no. Sorry Kelsi, I've got to run. I don't want to be late for detention as well."

"Oh alright. See you tomorrow Shailey!"

"See you!" I exclaimed as I sped down the hallway and made my way to my detention class.

As soon as I was standing right outside my detention class, I let out a loud sigh.

I dragged my feet as I walked into the class room.

My eyes wandered around to see that there was nothing much in sight. Other than some tables and chairs and a teacher sitting at the front desk, almost dozing off.

I cleared my throat softly, but loud enough to wake the teacher up.

"Here, take this and do a thorough reflection on what you did wrong," the female teacher straightened up upon my arrival.

I sighed mentally and headed to the one of the empty seats. I held a pen in my hand and twirled it around with my fingers as I thought about what to write.