Final Task

Harry's P.O.V

I sat in the common room by myself. Draco had a crush on me? How would that be? Draco Malfoy, the son of a death eater, the boy who mercilessly torments me, had a crush on me? He liked me! A large grin sketched itself on my face.

"What are you grinning at?" Hermione asked walking through the portrait hole. I jumped and looked at her.

"It's Malfoy!" I yelled and she cocked an eyebrow at me.

"What?"

"Cedric was talking about Malfoy!" I shouted excitedly.

"I told you that you wish Malfoy would confess his undying love for you." She said and I felt myself blush.

"Shut it Hermione." I mumbled and she laughed plopping down next to me.

"Well maybe you should go talk to him." She suggested.

"I couldn't do that!" I shouted and she laughed.

"Why not?"
"Because what if I screw everything up?" I muttered. "I mean have you seen him? He's bloody gorgeous!"

"Why did you deny him when he asked you if he could help again?" She asked.

"Just because I think he's gorgeous doesn't mean I have to trust him. I don't trust him, he'd end up getting me killed."
"But he likes you?" She asked knitting her eyebrows together.

"Well his 'helping' could end up getting me killed unintentionally." I pointed out and she rolled her eyes standing up.

"You're an odd one Harry Potter." She sighed. "Might as well find Malfoy and tell him how you feel." She said before walking away. First I needed to see if Cedric was talking about him. So my next move was to bolt out of the common room towards the Hufflepuff tower. I made my way there and knocked on the portrait. A fifth year opened it and her eyes fell on me; she smiled.

"Hello Harry." She piped. "What brings you here?"
"Is Cedric in? I need to speak with him." I said and she nodded before closing the portrait. A few seconds later, Cedric opened it and stepped out.

"Harry, what brings you here?" He asked.

"It's Malfoy!" I shouted and his eyebrows shot up.

"What?"

"Malfoy is the one who wanted to take me to the ball! I saw you two talking at the ball and then when I was walking to the boats, he was staring at me." I said and he smiled.

"There you go Harry!" He piped. "He denies liking you but I mean why else would he tell me to tell you about the egg?" He asked and my face furrowed in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well I was walking down the hall after breakfast one morning and he caught up to me. He said that it was only fair to tell you about the egg seeing as you told me about the dragons." He explained and I scrunched up my face.

"So he... he helped me?" I asked astonished and he shrugged.

"Yeah I suppose." He grabbed my shoulder. "Go get him. We could die in this tournament and you shouldn't waste any time." I froze. We could die. I finally nodded and sprinted off to the Slytherin tower. Once in the dungeons, I ran straight into someone.