chapter 2

-Chapter 2-

I walked back home and collapsed on the mountain of covers and pillows Jack had left on my floor. I looked around my room; trust him to leave me to tidy up the mess.

I began cleaning up straight away, because I knew if I didn’t I would end up falling asleep. Half way through picking up the litter that covered the floor I heard my phone buzz, it took a while to find, but eventually I grabbed it from under my bed, how it got there I don’t know.

(1) New message. I opened the text.

<Hullo Hanley, walking to school tomorrow:)?>

I smiled to see it was from Ella. Ella was my other friend, like my best friend who was girl; I was just a lot closer to Jack.

<Sure:D!>

I clicked send and continued cleaning.

Finally my room looked back to normal; it was always a mess after Jack came round.

I used my phone to check the time again, it was already 9.23! I looked at my phone in confusion, had I really been cleaning for nearly an hour and a half?!

I sighed and grabbed a random pair of Pyjamas and put them on before throwing myself on my bed. It wasn’t too long before I found myself fast asleep and dreaming of Jack...

‘Jack!’ I jumped and smiled brightly.

‘Hey’ he grinned and ran towards me.

I opened my arms to hug him, but instead he pressed his lips on mine, I didn’t pull back, because I was actually enjoying it.

Suddenly a loud annoying noise boomed all around us, things started to fade away, I blinked and woke up in my room. I shook my head when I realized what I’d just been dreaming of.

‘What the fu...’ I was interrupted by the continuing noises of my alarm. I slammed the snooze button and fell back down to bed, my head crashing on the pillow.

Minutes later I glimpsed at the clock, 6.18. I groaned as I climbed out of bed, and began to put on my uniform. I brushed my hair and tied it back into a high-ish pony tail, applied some eyeliner and light foundation with a smidge of lip gloss.

My phone buzzed.

(2) New messages.

Before opening I saw the time, 7.10. I meet Ella outside my house at 8am, I had a while.

First new message.

<Might be a little late, only just got up and I need a shower(L)!>

‘Oh Ella’ I sighed.

<Okay:’)!> I replied.

Second new message.

<Hangs after school today? Yes? Good, because you don’t have a choice! :)>

Jack’s texts seemed to always make me laugh.

<Fine, aha;)!> I sent the text.