"thank you so much love." he praises hugging me, the present still fully wrapped. I push away laughing "you haven't even opened it!" I comment and he grins pulling me back to him telling me to 'hush'. He finally begins to slowly unwrap the box eyeing me carefully while so he opens it his mouth falling a gape slowly and I'm weak in the knees.

"baby," he begins but stops picking up the items and finally looking up at me. "Do you like them?" I wonder nervously and he engulfs me quickly knocking the air out of me. "I love them." he says "I love you." he follows quickly.

"Are you sure?" I question again "I just saw them in the store and I thought, well I don't know." He holds the "His" and "Her" matching mugs up, beaming. "They're pretty lame." I shake my head and he shoots me a look setting the box and mugs down before walking to me.

"I love them." he assures cupping my face "i would've of loved socks as long as they were from you." he jokes making me laugh as he wraps his arms around the top of my head, taking advantage of his height. "I can't wait to start this chapter of my life with you babe."

"ouch ok pulling my hair handsome." i whine trying to pull away from his grip without loosing my hair. he laughs making me smile at the sound "sorry sorry sorry." he says soothingly rubbing my head.

-----------------
-- few days later --

"I'm thirsty." I cry as Derek moves my hair from my sweaty forehead. He nods frantically moving his eyes to Spike who hands him the bag of blood to hand to me. "Drink up baby," he whispers, his voice barely there. he's been crying, "it's okay." he promises noticing my shameful look as I grip the blood bag sucking it till it is empty. my body aches, and I promise myself I never want to shift into a werewolf again. I'm lucky in the sense that I don't have to if I don't want to, the only good thing that comes from being a hybrid. "I was so hairy wasn't I?" I ask embarrassed my eyes beginning to water as I register what is happening and what I am now. "no baby you were fucking beautiful." Derek winks grinning down at me trying to lighten the mood and stop my tears, stopping his in the process. "You're going to be a kick ass hybrid." Ben tells me holding his knuckle out for me to hit. "Labor is going to feel like nothing now." I joke making the entire room laugh and Derek give me a suggestive look.

I'm lucky to be surrounded by my friends while my curse takes effect, my dad is with some other pack members trying to find the heretics who cursed me and killed my mom this day, now two years ago. It's taking everything in Derek not to break down I can tell by how sad his eyes are as he watches me carefully as if I'll break into millions of pieces at any moment.

"Can I get a few minutes with Maiz alone?" Derek asks and my friends leave the room leaving me and Derek alone in the bedroom. "Hey you," I smile exhausted holding my hand out for him to take and he does gladly falling to his knees on the side of the bed loosing it. "I lost you." he cries his head buried into my arm. "No you didn't I'm right here." I whisper kissing the back of his head softly. "I'm right here, you didn't lose me handsome." I promise trying to calm him down as he raises his head cupping my face and scanning my body. "You died." he shakes his head not being able to control his tears "I had to sit here and let you die." I crawled off the bed and  into his lap on the floor "I'm okay. I'm not going anywhere now." I  tell him kissing him deeply, pulling him back to me the only way I know how to. "Come back to me." I murmur kissing all over his face until I feel his breaths slow and his arm tighten around me. "I love you." I whisper over and over in his ear as he traces shapes on my back.

--------------------

- few days later -

I'm tugging at the roots of my hair to release some of my anger but it's not working, not enough at least. my head is throbbing and my anger is boiling no matter how hard I'm try to stop it. The air outside is crisp and freezing and the stars aren't calming me down like I'm use to. "I'm looking out for you!" Derek shouts irritated, we've been at it for hours. it started out as bickering through out the day and now he is purposely trying to piss me off just to make me fight back, and it's working like a fucking charm. "Feed Maize!" he spits anger in his eyes "I'm done sitting by and seeing you look like this! You can't live off blood bags! You need fresh blood." my eyes are shifting and glowing when I turn back to him. "I won't!" I snarl pushing him back "I don't want to! I refuse to take an innocent life Derek! Don't you get that?! I don't want to be a monster," I stop my sentence "well more than I already am." I say laughing sickly my mood is drastically changing and I know if me and Derek are around each other anymore it won't be pretty.

"You're going to feed." he states lowly "Willingly," he pauses shifting his eyes on me "or not." he tries to grab me but I'm faster, grabbing his hand and pushing it away from me. I twist his arm almost snapping it in the process a growl escaping from me as I go to bite his neck. "Come back to me!" he spits his eyes glowing and narrowing in on mine making my body run cold as I realize what I'm about to do. "Derek." I breathe backing up away from him my eyes shifting back my claws disappearing. I shake my head "I'm sorry," my eyes are wide and shameful. "I have to go." I've lost myself. the fear of myself and having no control over my anger and emotions sets in as I see Derek's face. I can't be around him anymore I have to get away far away before I hurt someone. "baby wait," he calls after me "no don't leave!" he shouts but I'm already gone.