My mother says it is not very lady like of me to respond with this. I can't afford to hurt the poor lad's feelings after he has worked up the courage to get down on one knee, can I? Can we blame him for wanting such a jewel as I? My father, however, still gets a kick out of the line.

That's right. I don't want a prince.

I am the youngest of the royal family. The only daughter of the king and queen with five older brothers who are proud princes of my kingdom. Why are they surprised I don't want another man in my life when I have that many brothers?

My kingdom's tradition goes further back than any subject alive in the present. As long as the Five Kingdoms have been formed into unity the eldest daughter was destined to take the throne. This is because our first king, my great-great-great-great-grandfather, died while on the throne. His death was swift and sudden, a surprise to his subjects and a horrible burden to his love ones.

His lover, a young maiden who because of her plebeian birth right had not yet become his queen, took the throne in his honor.

She was already pregnant with the next royal descendent to carry on the throne and when it was discovered that her baby was to be a girl they made a tradition for the eldest daughter to take the throne.

Generations fell into this tradition. Bestowing the birthright after many years to me.

My mother always told me from the moment she became queen the duty of pursuing an heir was placed heavily onto her shoulders. Unfortunately, it took five sons to fulfill this.

Mother always wanted a large family, so much to my dismay we have not given away one of my many brothers. The castle is never quiet, and the Five Kingdoms proudly boast of the fertility of a queen who bore five strong princes and their shining jewel the princess.

My older brothers have never envied me of my position to inherit our thrown. In fact, they bask in the freedom of a royal lifestyle with no future responsibility. I become the one to envy their fortune.

James at the age of twenty is the commander of the army. Out of my brothers, James is the most fit for a throne. His natural leadership ability called him into the royal army, and he quickly became a respectable commander among the soldiers. Directly under our father, James has much control over the decisions for our kingdom's safety, and the people rest at ease knowing it is in good hands.

Augustus at the age nineteen oversees the horses in the royal stables. He is often competing in the village tournaments, receiving many awards for his riding skills. In his free time he teaches young children from the town how to ride in the fields.

At eighteen Charles continues to complete the task of reading nearly every book in the royal library. He's incredibly smart, a skill that levels out his lesser brute force.

Philip and Alexander are last, twins at the age seventeen that never seem to wipe a suspicious smirk off their identical faces. Hearing a scream of alarm from their direction is never a surprise, and their practically jokes are ones to keep a wary eye for.

Lastly, there is me.

  Princess Anastasia Lucendent Adela of the Five Kingdoms.

Ana, is a more personal name I rather be called by. Close friends and family rarely call me by the title of my full name given at birth.

The Jewel of the Five Kingdomsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें