A Match Into Water - A (kind of) Larry oneshot

"Hello, I'm calling from St. Mary's hospital about a certain Mr. Louis Tomlinson. Do you know him?" asked a woman's voice Harry. As Harry heard those words worry started to grow in his stomach, please don't say Louis has done something stupid.

"Yes, I know him, what's wrong?" asked Harry and he heard the woman on the other side of their conversation sigh.

"Mr Tomlinson was rushed here after his neighbour had found him laying bloody and motionless in Louis' bathroom, probably an attempt to suicide. You are his emergence contact and it would be nice if you came here." said she and Harry nodded before he realized that she could not she him. Harry knew that Louis was depressed but he had never thought it was this bad. Sure, it had been a while since the two lads met up and they hadn't talked for a long time. Just that message Louis sent to Harry this morning, now that Harry thought back to it, the message had been strange and Louis had ended it with telling him how much he loved Harry. Harry had thought it was a message to just let Harry know that Louis was there for him so he had answered something witty and a few x:es in the end. 

"Of course, how is he, I mean I know it's bad but like...uhm..." rambled Harry before the woman stopped him.

"He is somewhat stable for the moment, we have put him is in coma state, just to be sure everything works out right. He has lost a big amount of blood and it seems as he has swallowed at least ten very strong sleeping pills. He should wake up soon enough, if he's lucky. I'm sorry to say but we can't really say when he will or if he will wake up."

"Okay, well, I'm on my way. Thank you for calling." said Harry and they exchanged their 'good byes' before Harry ran out to his car and drove to the hospital. Speed-limit was long forgotten. Harry knew that Louis would survive, he had to. But there was still something making him rush there, maybe it was because his friend just had tried to commit suicide, he was sure he had the right to rush. He hurried over to the receptionist and told her his reason to be here. She gave him a smile full of pity before she gave him the room number. Harry thanked her and speed-walked over to the room. 283. As he reached the door he took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for what he would see. He opened the door and there on the white hospital bed, surrounded with medical stuff and a heart monitor was Louis. Louis face was as pale as the bed clothing and his arms had bandage over them. Harry let out a strangled sob and took a seat beside his half dead friend. I don't ever want to lose my best friend. Why? Why Louis? Louis was such an amazing person who loved everyone and was loved by everyone, except Louis' own family. That had been the start of Louis' depression, when his family had abandoned him at the age of sixteen. At the age of sixteen Louis had been forced out from their house to start his own life, his only help was some money his granddad had left to him when he had passed. But being the amazing person Louis was, is, he managed to get a small job and keep up with school work. He managed to live a normal life, well normal if you don't think about the recurrent depression he suffered from. Louis had always had these depressions but as far Harry knew, Louis had never tried to take his own life. Harry sniffled quietly and held Louis' hand in a tight grip. As if he let go Louis would let go too. This wasn't fair, why did this happen to Louis of all people. I screamed out "God you vulture, bring her back or take me with her"