the one with the weezly

"Choke them on the
ashes of the dreams
they burned."

A YOUNG COUPLE stood agitated in the center of a large grey living room. Panic and fear were etched on the man's face, but the woman adamantly stared outside the window.

The woman was tall, petite unrealistically beautiful and vaguely threatening. She had black hair that was disheveled, and soft hazel eyes, that seemed to flicker between a multitude of hues. She held a little baby in her arms, about one, maybe less.

The man looked more sophisticated and tall, gold rimmed glasses on his nose and an intelligent gleam overall. But he had sun wrinkles around his eyes which meant he laughed a lot. He had sandy, almost orangish hair and blue eyes.

The baby was crying and the mother tried to calm her down.

"Take her away, Al. Keep her safe." She kissed the baby's forehead and pushed the curtains aside a bit. "He's near."

The man, Al picked up the baby, and looked at his wife. Their eyes locked and an understanding passed. This had to be done. The baby had to be protected. He out a locket around his neck and around the baby's too.

"Go!" the woman said, a hard expression clouding her eyes. "He's coming. My Mark - it's burning."

The man turned the Time Turner and objects shifted around.

Things looked more modern. Telephone poles and skyscrapers, tall glassy buildings and people in different clothing. He placed the child on a doorstep, of a house, after playing a teary kiss on her forehead, rang the bell and he disapparated.

He landed on a isolated place and turned the Time Turner into his pocket.

"He's coming," the woman, who hadn't moved from her place whispered. Her voice was cold and a wand held tightly in her hand. The air shimmered around her. Her eyes were golden now.

"Meredith," the man grabbed her hands. "It's okay to be scared."

She shook her head, blinking the tears away quickly.

"My brother would be dead any time now. After we're dead, James would die too. I tried, Alakay. I really tried. But only if he let me in once. I would've explained my choices," the woman said adamantly. The air sizzled like electricity.

"He's so stubborn, my whole family. Was it my fault that I was a Slytherin? Did they have to isolate me? Pretend I didn't exist? Like I wasn't even a Potter?"

Then the door burst open.

"My Lord," the man said promptly, turning around. A hooded man stepped in.

"Where's your child, Firegold?" The voice was cold and menacing.

"Child?" The woman sounded defiant. "She's away - she's gone -"

"I'm going to make you an offer," Voldemort said impatiently. "You both are my best lieutenants - your life in exchange for your daughter's!"

"Are you insane?" Meredith chortled. "That's the most pathetic offer ever."

Alakay Firegold laughed and it was the laugh of a man who knew he was doomed, but at least he was going with a laugh.

Blinding green light filled the house. The man and woman were dead before they hit the floor.

"Where's the girl!" an angry, cold voice boomed through the house followed by a maniacal laughter.

Many miles away a girl, around fourteen, with eyes changing hues and sandy, almost orangish hair, woke up with a start.