"It's OK. No one is going to hurt you. It's just you and me."

It took a while, but she eventually ................ Well, calm isn't a good description, but she was able to speak, which was good.

"That hasn't happened in a while. I don't know what happened."

I shook my head. All I cared about, was getting her to relax. I hated seeing her like this.

"All that matters is that you know you're safe here."

She looked up at me, clearly still upset. She leaned back against me, shaking slightly. I was afraid that I would frighten her, if I wrapped my arms around her, so I leaned a little closer, but I made sure there was still space between us. She realised this, and looked up at me.

"Bella, I .......................... This happened a lot. But, it hasn't in a while. I just ............"

"Hey, I love you and I'm here for you. All that matters is that you feel safe, nothing else. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

She didn't say anything for a few minutes and I was afraid she was going to start crying again., when she spoke.

"I saw-"

"I know, you talk in your sleep. It's OK, you don't have to tell me."

She looked at me, seeing I really meant it.

"I just ...................... I-"

"Hey, it's OK."

She shook her head, flustered. I usually thought this was cute. Not this time. I noticed she hadn't moved, and when I tried to move, she stopped me. She looked up at me, and I realised how much of a bad idea that was.

"Please don't. I need this right now. I really do."

I nodded, moving closer. I didn't want her anymore upset than she already was. If she wanted to be close to me, than I wasn't going to say no.

"OK pixie. I'm not going anywhere."

I noticed the time, and had a feeling I wouldn't be getting home soon. When I thought about my dad not finding me, my phone beeped with a message from my dad. He had gotten off early and was going to be at Billy's until the following afternoon. That was a relief.

"What's that?"

"My dad is staying at Billy's until tomorrow. Never mind that, are you sure you're OK with sitting like this?"

"I need this right now. Being close to someone I trust helps me feel safe."

I thought about that for a few minutes.

"OK ........... but, tell me if you want me to-"

"I feel safe with you. That just ................... I was seeing what happened when he ........................."

I knew what she was talking about. I'd never asked her about it, because I didn't want her to have to relive it as she told me.

"I know. You were talking in your sleep. As I tried to wake you, you jumped and sat up. I knew something was wrong and wanted to wake you."

"What did ................ What did I say?"

OK, saying that had been a very bad idea. I tried to think of something, since I knew I had to say something.

"You were muttering and I was able to hear you say 'no,' a few times. And with the way you were frowning and moving, I knew something was wrong."

It was getting pretty late, and I had a feeling I wouldn't be going anywhere. But, after what had happened, I wasn't sure about this.