Prologue

"You still haven't gotten one?" Emma asked laid across my bed on her stomach.

"No. My birthday was a week ago. I'm starting to think that I'm just not going to get one." I said with a frustrated groan as I threw myself down onto my bean bag chair.

"You'll get one. I've only had one since my birthday and that was two months ago." She said trying to cheer me up.

"Yeah but at least you've had one. I have no clue. I'm going to be one of the ones who have to go on the trip." I said as I reached up to mess with my pendant.

When I was born I was given my pendant. Every child was given their own unique pendant when they were born and that's what helps us find our other. Others were basically soulmates. In most cases people didn't need to use their pendants. When you turn sixteen you're supposed to starts getting visions, or snippets, of what the other person sees. That makes it easier on us to find each other. If by the time you turn eighteen you haven't found your other your pendant begins to work. It starts to get either warm or cold to the touch to let you know how close you were to your other. That's where the trip comes in.

If you're pendant is activated you were required to go on a road trip for as long as it takes to find your other. You basically just drove around following your pendant until you landed at your others door or you ran into each other on the road. Most of the time people seemed to meet in the middle. But I really didn't want to have to go on the trip.

"Don't stress about the trip. You have two years before you have to worry about it. You'll find him. Just be patient."

"I don't want to be patient. I want my first snippet. I want to know something about him. Anything." I said with a wishful sigh.

"I understand. I can't wait for my next one." She said all of a sudden grinning.

"I wonder who he is. What he looks like. What his personality will be like." I said trying to imagine it.

"I do to. In the snippet I got he was reading. It was some sy-fy book about the end of the world and he was super into it. He was talking to the book." Emma said laughing.

"He really does sound like you're soulmate." I told her. There was many times I had caught her doing the exact same thing.

"I know what you mean about wanting to find yours because I really want to find mine to. We just have to be patient." She said with a small frown.

I was trying to listen to her but I started feeling weird. It was like I was light headed and my eyes blurred for a second. Then my vision started to go black. Before I could freak out I started to see something and realized that this was it! My first snippet!

At first it was nothing unusual. He was just walking down a street. It seemed like it was in the not so great part of town and the street seemed kind of bare. Then I heard someone calling out to him. Unfortunately they didn't say his name. I saw a guy who I didn't recognize come up to him and look at him with a grin.

"You ready for this?" he asked seeming happy.

"I'm always ready." My soulmates deep voice said back seeming just as happy.

"Then let's get going. We don't want to be late." The guy said before he turned and started walking away. My soulmate took a deep breath and looked down at his hands before moving. They seem to be shaking slightly so I knew that even though he acted confident he was actually really nervous about what he was going to do. I saw him tuck his hands back into his pockets before he started walking again. Then my vision blurred again before I was seeing my bedroom again.

"Paisley?! Are you ok?" Emma asked seeming really worried as she leaned down in front of me so that her face was in front of mine.

"I'm ok. It finally happened." I said with a huge grin. "I had my first snippet."

***Author's Note***

Well here we are again! The beginning of a new book! I'm very excited and I really hope you are to. I hope you enjoyed reading this. 

This story will be a little different from my other one's simply because it has a slight supernatural theme to it. I hope you stick with it!

Thanks! Please vote and comment to give me feedback. Love you guys!