Chapter 9

Brad POV

I walk up the girl's door after dropping Emily off to her flat this morning, she been pissy with me for some reasons since last night. I turn the door handle assuming it's unlocked as usual, which it is. The door clicks open and I step inside.

"It's me" I call out shutting the door behind me.

"In here" I here Lily's muffled voice from kitchen and follow it inside.

"Hey" I say to both Lily and James sat at the breakfast table.

"Hey" they say in unison.

"She up yet?" I ask from the doorframe.

"Last time I checked she was still asleep" Lily answers, "I left her some paracetamol, water and a bucket at the side of her bed"

"Yeah she's gonna be fucked this morning" James adds

"Definitely", I reply leaning against the counter, "I've never seen her this drunk"

"You weren't around a year ago" Lily comments

"So that's how bad she was before" I ask

"Worse" she tells us.

"Seriously" I raise an eyebrow and lily nods.

It's weird to think Liv was basically a different person before we moved in.

"Well I'll go check on her again" I say standing up.

I make my way to Liv's room turning the handle slowly, careful not to make any noise to wake her up. I push the door open quietly to reveal her small figure in the bed covers that rise and fall steadily from her breathing. I close the door just as quietly before walking up to the side and take a seat at the edge of the bed.

I look over at Liv, her eyes are softly shut, her long eyelashes resting on the edge of her lids, her pink lips parted slightly as light whistles escape them. She looks so peaceful right now compared to the state she was in last night. I wonder what happened to make her drink so much. I feel bad that I wasn't around to know what's been going on with her just because of some stupid argument; I should've just apologized, I would've been there for her.

I don't know how long I was sat staring at her until she starts stirring.

Her eyes flutter open for a split second before she closes them again. Her hands go over her eyes, I'm guessing the brightness of the sun peaking out from the curtains isn't helping the handover.

"urrrgggh" she groans rubbing her eyes.

I reach over a pick up the glass of water and paracetamol Lily left for her at the side of her bed, "here" I say holding it up to Olivia.

"Brad?" she speak groggily as her head lifts up off the pillow up after hearing my voice, which clearly isn't a good idea since she has to hold her head right after, "ow! My head" she croaks

"Here, this'll help" I hold out the pills and water again.

She squints her eyes at me before sitting up, taking the pills and washing it down with the water.

"Better?" I ask taking the glass from her and setting it on the bedside table.

"No, I feel like shit" she says leaning back in the headboard closing her eyes.

"Give it some time" I chuckle lightly

"Why are you hear Bradley" she says after a few seconds of silence, opening her eyes again