Chapter 4

Olivia POV 

I look around the table and nod towards Tris as a hello who is sat next to James. I then notice Connor who is sat on Tris' left with another girl that I don't recognize next to him. I say next to but she's practically sitting on his lap twiddling her straw like blonde hair with her finger. I look at Connors face and he looks very uncomfortable to say the least. He looks up at me and gives me an awkward smile.

"This is my best friend Lydia" Emily introduces me to the unknown girl.

"Hi" Lydia speaks in a similar squeaky voice as Emily.

"Hello" I say back politely.

The next half an hour I sat talking to Lily, James and Tris. Connor would try joining in the conversation but would get pulled away as Lydia attempted to flirt with him, which make me laugh to myself, seeing how uncomfortable he was. Brad on the other hand was sat making out with his girlfriend and seeing as I was sat right opposite them I had the best of the horrific view.

I feel my phone vibrate in my clutch and pull it out.

From Con

Help Me!!!!!!

I look up and con gives me a pleading look, I guess he had manage to send me a text while Lydia turns away to talk to Emily briefly before her attention was back on him. I laugh putting my phone back in my bag.

I stand up out of the booth; "Hey Con want to help me grabs some shot for everyone"

"I'll come" Brad chimes in as Emily continues kissing his neck.

"No" Con say quickly, "I can"

"Come on then Condor" I say hurrying him up, he looks around trying to figure out the best exits since he was sat bang in the middle.

He eventually crawls under the table, "let's go" he say coming back on his feet next to me now.

"Won't be long" I call back as we walk away from the table.

"You are a life save" Con as he sigh in relief.

"I thought about waiting a little long to help you, it was fun watching you so uncomfortable", I tell him chuckling a little.

Con nudges me playfully as we continue walking to the bar, "I'm so glad you didn't, I swear she just doesn't leave me alone, I'm sitting next to you when we get back"

After Brad, I think I'm probably closest to Connor. We're very alike in a lot of ways, we're a lot more reserved and quiet compare to the other so we tend to stick together a lot of the time.

We go back to the table and have our shots, shortly after everyone leaves to go dance apart from myself and Con. Lydia tried getting him up several times but he declined so she gave up and went off to the dance floor on her own, still in our view though, I guess she was trying to seduce Connor with the provocative dance moves which made for a good comedy act making us double over laughing in between our random conversations.

"I think you should go dance with her" I say still laughing

"No way" he exclaims, "I'm going to the bathroom"

"K" I reply as he stands up and makes his way to the toilets.

"Hey" Brad appears right after and sliding in to the booth next me, dragging Emily to sit on his other side.

"Done dancing?" I ask.

"Nah just taking a breather" he explains, "and once we're done with that, you're going to come up with us"