Chapter One

Technically my first book :/ Hope Y'all enjoy. 

Destined. Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved. DO NOT steal my book. 

- Tammy

Camilla. 

"Mom, I'm 21. I can take care of myself." I sighed. "I appreciate you wanting to make sure that I'm okay, but you don't have to check up on me every 5 minutes." 

"Cam no matter how old you are, you're still my damn child and if I want to check up on you, I will." I rolled my eyes then thanked God that we were on the phone because if she saw me roll my eyes, she would have beat my ass. "Did you eat?"

"Yes mom!" I groaned. "I ate. I can cook in case you forgot."

"Camilla do not and I repeat do not make me mad before I come over there and drag you out of that school!"

"Mom, I got stuff to do." 

"Camilla if you hang up this ph-" I quickly ended the call and made a reminder to myself to pray to God that she doesn't bust open my apartment door and beat me. My mom has been like this ever since I was young, but it worsened when my dad started working more in order to pay for my tuition for college. Ever since then, she has been strict and over protective over everything, especially me. I grew up in a small neighborhood in Chicago as an only child with two amazing, hardworking parents, but attending NYU really was expensive on top of that paying for rent was also pricey. 

In order to show my mom that I was responsible enough to be on my own, I got a job and I pay rent and all other expenses by myself. Though my parents are the ones that pay my college tuition, which of course I'm extremely grateful for. Though, my mom needs to let me breathe. She feels the need to call all the time for nothing and when I start getting annoyed she wanna start yelling which makes me even more annoyed.

I decided to relax and just continue with my work. I majored in Psychology and minored in English in order to become my dream job, a Family Lawyer, in the future. It was a lot of studying especially for my LSATs which was approaching in a few months. That meant I had no time for joking around. I had to study real hard with no distractions at all. I couldn't let all my hard work and my parents' money go to waste. 

Suddenly, my phone starts vibrating and I groan at whoever is interrupting my studying. I look at the Caller ID and see it's my best friend, Jada, calling.

"What?" I snap.

"Damn girl, chill. It's Jada. What you doin?" She asks into the phone. I could barely hear her because of all the background noise. Knowing her, she was probably at her boyfriend's house.

"Well I was studying, but since you decided to interrupt me, now I'm talking to your black ass." 

"Mad for what though?" She laughed. "But c'mon, all you ever do is study. How bout I come pick you up and we chill."

"Jada no. I have to study." I explain while taking my reading glasses off and rubbing my eyes.

"But you always studying. I just want to chill for a little bit."

"Every time you say I wanna do blah blah for a little bit, it always turn into a long ass bit. You do it all the time." 

She chuckled. "Okay, so maybe I do that sometimes-"

"All the time." I correct her.

"Okay, maybe I do it often, but this time it's for a little while." She promises. 

"What about Darnell? Aren't y'all chilling or something?" I ask while copying down some notes from the textbook.

She sucks her teeth dramatically into the phone. "Nope. Darnell dumb ass with his boys." 

"Grinch I heard that." I hear Darnell in the back say. 

"Hey Darnell." I say chuckling. 

"Cam focus!" Jada grumbles. "So imma come pick you up. I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"Uh uh, girl. Who said I was going?"

"Camillaaaa." She whines into the phone. "Pleasee!"

I contemplated for a little bit and stared at the big book I had to study. It would only be for a little while, but then again Jada never keeps her promises and I really need to focus on this work.

"Nah girl, my bad. Maybe another time." I apologize.

"Ughh, suck ass." She groaned before hanging up.

"Bye to you too." I laughed before placing my phone down and getting back to my book.

Jada was definitely mad right now, but she'd get over it eventually. I mean I know I did study a lot, but its only because I want to be successful and have a good future for myself. Yes, studying does get tiring, but it will be worth it in the future. Besides, spring break was coming up soon so then I'll have plenty of time to take a break, but for now I had to keep my priorities straight.

Which meant no parties.

No clubbing.

No fun.

And definitely no boys. 

_________________

First chapter. Do y'all like it so far?

Trust me, it'll get better. 

I PROMISE. 

Make sure y'all show love and vote for this chapter! 

- Tammy 👑