He Saved Me Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

The entire time that Daniel had spoken, I just stared at him. My brain was slow to process everything he had said right away so there was complete silence in the room for several minutes.

"So--" I stood up and crossed to where Daniel was standing. "So Robert has never paid alimony or child support? That was all---Bobby?" He nodded his head slowly. "And you've been looking after my son this entire time..." I said to myself. I felt tears slide down my face as I stood there thinking, but I did nothing about it. I was so conflicted with my emotions. I felt my heart swell up with love and pride for Bobby for what he had been doing for me and the love he must have felt to do it, but shame washed over me in the same breath that my fourteen-year-old son had felt so responsible for his thirty-three year old mother that he had taken to breaking the law to take care of me. I had allowed myself to focus so much energy on blaming myself for Robert's leaving that I had failed to see what it was doing to my baby! A sob broke through and my body started to tremble slightly. "I'm a terrible mother!" I said. "How could something like this be going on for years, and I had no clue?"

Daniel inhaled a big breath and stepped forward to sweep me into his arms. "No!" he said loudly. "No, no, no, no, no, no!!! Sharon you are a fantastic mother!!! That's why Bobby did what he did! You have never done anything to deserve the hell you've been through in life!"

I continued to cry and allow this wonderful man who had taken care of my son when I had failed to to comfort me.

I don't know what happened. One minute, I was crying, and Daniel was rocking me back and forth, whispering reassuring words in my ear...the next minute, my arms were wrapped around his neck, and we stood there kissing.

My body greedily soaked up the satisfaction of being held and kissed by a man for the first time in eight years. If he had wanted to, Daniel could have taken me right then and there on the living room floor, but he didn't. After the kiss had gone beyond the bounds of our control, he pulled away and took a step back. "Woah." he said, as if to himself. "I think--I think I'd better go."

My hormone let out a loud cat call of protest. I shook myself and nodded my head. He was right. This was moving too fast! "O--okay. I'll--I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Bobby should be calling to check in around f--five I think." I stumbled through that sentence, and Daniel stepped back over to me and placed a quick kiss on my lips.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow. I'll lock the door on my way out." He said before rushing out of the room.

When I heard the the front door slam behind him, I fell down onto the couch with a loud groan, my hormones still moaning their protests.

***

Isobel's POV

At six o'clock sharp the next morning, nausea had me jumping out of bed and running at full speed to the bathroom. A dull ache had begun in my head by the time all of the contents of my stomach were emptied. What a beautiful way to start the day.

After flushing the toilet and brushing the taste from my mouth, I undressed and turned the shower on full blast and stepped inside to have a quick shower. I was halfway through shampooing my hair, when I felt hands slip around to settle on my stomach and I let out a loud scream before I turned and realized that Bobby had stepped into the shower with me.

"Shit, Bobby! You scared the crap out of me!!" I yelled at him as I felt myself blushing.

Bobby laughed and then leaned down to kiss me. I bit his lip. "Ow! What was that for?" He slid away with wide eyes.

I waited as the frantic beating of my heart calmed down before responding. "Bobby, you really scared me!" I said again, pouting slightly.

"Oh I'm sorry babe!" he said once he realized how serious I was. "I wasn't thinking. I was just happy to see you. In the shower...." He pulled me closer to him. "Naked..." He came in to kiss me again and I let him this time, moaning slightly in the back of my throat, but I pulled away before things got out of hand.

"Now get out!" I told him, pushing him away gently.

"But why?" he asked while pushing away my hands that were trying to get him to exit the shower.

"Why--so I can finish my shower in peace, that's why!" I said with a giggle. "Now get how! No morning sex for you, Slade!"

"Alright alright, fine!" He said with a chuckle. "But tonight, all bets are off!"

I rolled my eyes at him before turning back to the water and rinsing my hair.

***

Angel's POV

My eyes flew open when I heard a muffled scream. I pierced my ears to listen for any other noises, but then I calmed myself when I heard Bobby's muffled laugh. I chuckled quietly as I rolled over in bed. "Someone's havin' some fun this morning." I said, my voice slightly calloused from sleep. I grabbed Alice's waist and rolled over until she was on top of me, straddling my waist. "I think we should have some fun too..."

Alice groaned in protest as she tried to keep a tight hold on sleep, but I wasn't having it. I slapped her playfully on the ass and she bit my neck. "Stop it!" She squealed with a giggle, burrying her face in my neck and closing her eyes tightly. I gave up after that. She felt so good in my arms, that I was completely happy to settle for that.

Wrapping my arms around her, I allowed myself to drift back to sleep.

PLEASE FAN AND VOTE AND FAN AND COMMENT AND FAN AND LIKE AND FAN AND TWEET!!!