"Look," He finally starts with his response, "I don't know what to say but sorry, I should've told you earlier about all this family business but being the stupid man I am I wasn't aware that Carl would have such a vengeful son and I let it get to me daughter."

"Well, you could've dealt with it back then, Dad," I sigh, a little anger firing up inside of me.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't think he'd strike like that. Putting you in danger and all."

After that it was just awkward silence and no one spoke for a while, we just stared silently onto our fidgeting hands that contained nervousness and thought.

"I'm moving to Portland," I finally decide to tell him and his eyes widen immediately.

"I don't see why you have to - I mean, you have a whole apartment here, a whole life filled with-"

"Dad," I cut him off, "I'm going to be living there with many other people, I technically work at the agency now."

"I don't understand?" He shakes his head, not seeming to process any part of thought.

"Please, I need to start a new life. I can't just linger and wander within a lost soul in New York. I've found where I'm supposed to be and I think it's Portland."

He thinks for a while and hesitantly nods.

"Robin created a good company. Trust Harry. He's a good kid," He mentions and I smile warmly.

"Of course, Dad," I stand up and he does so as well.

He pulls me into a tight hug and rubs my back. I've gotten hugs from my father when I was sad before, and those were the most comforting hugs but this one was the warmest and theres no better feeling.

"Bye, Dad."

"Be safe, sweetheart."

-

The trip to the airport was, again, restless, crowded and noisy. Despite the loud volume I've put and the amount of times I've tried to squish my headphones into my head, the crowd seemed to have distracted me every second I was walking, their chattering sounds, their noisy minds all exploding from different corners of the room. I couldn't wait to get out of this place and just live in peace for once.

I checked out of the apartment I used to live. But I still had it locked under my name because I didn't want anyone living there after a while, it made me feel uneasy letting go of the memories I had. Even though they were pretty bad, I didn't care. I met Harry and everything turned out fine and I'm happy now.

"Hey, where are you, darling," His voice rings through the other side of the dial.

"I'm near section E, where are you?" I ask back. He had agreed earlier on to pick me up in the airport and we decided on going back together.

"I see you," He says and by that tone I could tell a smirk was plastered on his face.

I look around and see him walking towards me. I quickly run, as my arms reach out for him, instantly pulling him into an embrace. His arms rest on my waist while he buries his face on my neck. It was still winter so our coats got in the way, but he manages to subtly kiss my lips before completely pulling away.

"Did he agree?" He asks, smiling.

"Yep," I nod and he smiles even brighter.

After the brief moment, we go home. Finally, a place where we could rest and nothing would happen out of the blue. Nothing to disturb us. Nothing to make us hesitant. Nothing giving us a reason to let each other go.