"She told me about the night you guys conceived that baby. You kicked her out of your bed as soon as you were finished with her."

Mikko was silent for a moment. "That's none of your business." He sounded on edge. Nikki should have been careful to speak to a wolf like Mikko the way she was, but she was too pissed off at him to see that.

"You're killing my friend!" She was very close to yelling. "She used to be so happy all the time. Now she's always depressed, and it's your fault."

I quietly walked away from them. I didn't want to get caught eavesdropping. I went to the living room where the kids were running free. Ben was playing with blocks. Angelina was ripping up a newspaper. I couldn't find Cassandra.

"Cassie?" I said. She usually perked up when anyone called her name. When I didn't hear anything I got very worried. "Cassandra?" I checked the nursery, it was empty.

"Mikko! Nikki!" I hollered. They both came out. "Do you have Cassandra?"

He shook his head. "I left her with Ben." He came closer to look in the living room. Then everyone left in a different direction to look for her.

I found her in the kitchen when I heard pots and pans hitting each other. When I opened the cupboard, there she was smiling. "No hide and seek!" I quickly snatched her up and hugged her tightly.

"I found her!" I hollered. Mikko made it to me before Nikki. "Why would you leave them alone? This is why I have the play pin!"

He nodded. "I wasn't gone long. I thought she'd be fine."

I shook my head. "What if she went outside and got hit by a car or something?"

"This house is on 2 acres," he responded.

"That's not the point!" I yelled hysterically. "What if something happened to her? If she fell down the porch stairs?"

"She's fine."

I held my baby tighter as my mind wondered towards situations that could've happened, but didn't. "But she could've been hurt."

"Where was she?" Nikki asked.

"In the cupboard," I said motioning to it.

"How'd she get in there?" she wondered aloud.

I just shrugged; I didn't care how she got there. I was just glad she was okay.

"Put her down for a second," Mikko said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because," he said, "just do it."

I complied and put Cassandra on the ground.

Mikko crouched down and looked at his daughter with a smile.

She stood, holding onto my pants as she looked at him with a smile. Standing was something Cass had done a lot, so I wasn't surprised. But when she started walking towards Mikko, my jaw dropped.

"Cassie can walk!" I picked her up and started kissing her cheek while Nikki cheered.

Mikko took her from me and started tossing her in the air while he walked into the living room towards the other two.

"I was thinking we go have lunch, then we start getting ready for pictures."

I nodded. "Sounds good. I'm starving."

Then I left to get dressed. When I looked out the window I saw rain. Maybe we wouldn't be taking pictures today.

I dressed warmly before walking out to the living room. Mikko and Nikki were playing with the babies. At least they could get along when the babies are in the room.