Chapter 5 - Apologies & Forgiveness

[Annabeth's POV]

"Are you ready, Jolie??" i asked. She sniffles a bit, but nods as we take our seats across from each other.

"Yeah, I am," she said.

We were in my mom's fortune room at my house, and I was helping her have contact with Mitch, who sat at my right.

Kenadee stayed with the guys at the park.

She couldn't see him, yet I can.

"Give me your hands, Jolie," i instructed. "And close your eyes until I tell you to."

"Okay," she said, closing her eyes.

I look at Mitch who nodded at me and then I nodded back.

"Oh, spirits of heaven and good, we look for the soul of Mitchell Adam Lucker, who has recenlty joined the  other side," i say aloud.

It wasn't necessary that i do that right now, considering i can see and hear Mitch as if he were still alive.

"I am still here," he smirked with a mocking tone.

I glare at him a bit (Still cocky at times, I can see) and then gasp, Jolie's eyes shooting open.

"What??" she asked.

"I feel... a presence," i said.

"I-Is it Mitch??" Jolie asked.

"Is this the spirit of Mitch Adam Lucker, give us a sigh that you are here," i said, closing my eyes.

It was then Mitch started moving the orb in the middle of the room (This is a very old-school fortune telling room) and let it slide on the table a bit before he stopped it almost near the edge and then pulls it back.

"I think that's him," i smile, and Jolie smiles a bit, tears in her eyes.

"Mitch is that really you?? Annie, can you hear him??" Jolie asked.

"Tell her its me," Mitch said.

"Yeah, i can hear Mitch. It is him," i said.

"My god, Mitch, i miss you so much," Jolie cried.

"Tell her I am so sorry. I never meant for things like this to happen, and i regret what I did," he said.

"He saids he's sorry, Jolie," i said. "And he regrets what he did."

"Mitch, I forgive you, but you should know you did something so stupid. Were you even thinking about Kena??" she cried.

I can see Mitch flinch at the thought and a tear roll down his eye.

"He's really upset about it," I said.

"Tell her I'm so sorry. I never meant to leave her or Kena. I'm the stupidest person ever for that stupid stunt. I blame myself for all that happened," he sobbed.

I gulped. "He is sorry, and he saids... he's the stupidest persn ever for what he did, also blaming it on himself," i said, feeling tears in my eyes.

"I love you so much Jolie," he said.

"He saids he loves you," i said.

Jolie just burst into tears, crying into her hands, Mitch reaching out to take her hand, but he couldn't grab it. More tears flowed and he just got up, walking towards the room of the fortune room where there were some supplies.

I get back up and sit next to Jolie, trying to calm her down.

"Jolie, it's okay," i said, trying to comfort her.

"I...I just miss him so much!!" she sobbed as i held her, letting her cry in my shoulder.

It seemed it was already too late for apologies and forgiveness

As soon as she was calmed down, i let her have some water to ease a bit.

"Are you going to be okay??" i asked, giving her the glass.

She sniffles and nods. "I got to be. I don't want to be breaking down like i did just now. The candle vigil is this weekend. Kena is taking it a bit more hard than i am. It's hard," she said, sipping water.

"Jolie, as a good family friend, I'm going to suggest you relax and get some rest. You've been day and night planning this vigil, the funeral next week, you got a lot in your mind," i asid.

"Yeah, i haven't goten sleep since after that night," she said.

"Take a day or two off, you can even leave Kenadee with me if you want. I hate seeing you like this, and i bet Kenadee doesnt like seeing you in deep pain either," i said.

She wipes her tears away and sits up straight. "Annabeth, you're right. I got to be strong, not just for Mitch, but also for Kenadee," she said. 

She then gets up and grabs her bag.

"You sure you don't need me to drive you??" i asked.

"I'll be fine, thank you. And thanks for this," she said.

"Anytime. Call me if you need anything," i said.

"I will. I'll see you later," she saids.

She hugs me tightly and i hug her back before she walks out and back to her car.

As I watch her drive off, I could have sworn i saw someone glaring at the car as it drove away. But when i looked back, the person was gone.

Weird. An unsettling feeling suddenly overcame me, but i guess it must be something unimportant. That person did somewheat look a bit familiar in a way.

Knowing Mitch was still in the fortune room, i close the door and go back upstairs to look for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late updates to this story, guys. New chapter coming soon!

Dedicated to stephanie_bvbHIMsd for the idea of the fortune telling.

You are listening to So Far Away by Avenged Sevenfold. (foREVer)

I'll be putting music to some upcoming chapters, Suicide Silence music included.

Vote! Comment! Follow me! Feedback!! ^.^=