six.

Zayn's glad that his father seems to have taken some type of mercy on him after agreeing on letting Zayn go to the music festival with Niall tonight.

He's supposed to be grounded, but Zayn thinks his father agreed on letting him go just because of the awkwardness of what took place last Saturday.

They haven't exactly talked about it, Zayn doesn't think he can really talk about his father potentially dating other women. Zayn never really thought about that actually being something that would happen.

His mom has been gone for six years now, which ultimately Zayn understands is enough time for his dad to cope with the loss and realize he might want to start dating again.

Zayn doesn't know if he's ready to see that yet, though. He's not ready for his dad to start dating another women who may become something serious to him. He's selfish to think that his dad could carry on his life without finding love again.

He breaks out of his thoughts when he feels his phone vibrate twice in his pocket. He fishes it out and looks over the text message Liam has just sent him.

liam: ill c what happens

Zayn sighs and doesn't bother replying. He knows Liam's still at work, and the only reason he messaged Liam in the first place was to see if he was able to come to the festival with Zayn.

Zayn does not feel like being a third wheel. He looks up and rolls his eyes when he sees his best friend mumbling lowly into Justin's ear as the latter drives them to the festival.

He declined Niall's offer of bringing the new kid at school for Zayn for the third time earlier today which now he regrets as he sees the way Niall's smirking at Justin.

"Zayn. You gunna get out anytime soon dude?" Niall says, waving his hand in the tanned boy's face before getting back out of the car.

Zayn steps out, and follows beside Niall and Justin as they make their way into the festival gates. "Who's even playing tonight?"

Niall shrugs before looking at Justin who does the same before chuckling. "I don't remember, actually. There's a long lineup."

Zayn groans before shaking his head, "Where are the drinks? Are there drinks here?"

"Disclosure are playing now Zee." Niall calls out, pointing towards the stage that's surrounded by a crowd of people.

Zayn grins when Latch starts playing out, watching in awe at the crowd dancing and singing along.

"Drake's here, Zayn! Zayn, Drake's performing later on!" Niall waves a paper in his hand before handing it over to Zayn.

Zayn realizes it's a paper with all the performances that are going on tonight. "Holy shít! This is great man."

Zayn follows after the two as they get closer to the crowd, where Zayn can make out Disclosure on stage.

He rolls his eyes when he feels Niall's arm go around his neck as the blonde yells in excitement.

He forgets about how long and stressful his week was and everything that he's been thinking about to just enjoy what's going on right now, which is this amazing concert.

-----

"I can't find you."

Zayn looks around while keeping his phone to his ear, trying to see if he catches sight of a familiar face.

"Oh wait, wait. I think I see you."

Zayn stops spinning around in circles, "Yeah?"

"Yeah. Definitely you, you look fùcking hot in those jeans by the way."