Ch.1

One solid hit to the punching bag was all he needed before the memories flooded in. Images of his friend before the war, before the serum, before the fall, before the Winter Soldier existed. How can thing's change so quickly?

    Screams. Watching a figure falling into the abyss of snow and ice. Gone. Faded into foreign territory. Dead. Or so he had thought. But, that didn't turn out to be the case. So Steve had found out while fighting a certain deadly assassin. James Buchanon Barnes had somehow risen from the dead, but, he was different. A weapon. Hydra ruined him.

    Before Steve could help it, the punching bag flew back, hitting the walll with a 'SMACK!'. It broke under impact and sand dusted the floor, contaminating the air. Steve dragged the half emptied bag to the opposite side of the gym and tossed it in the trash on top of a whole stack of abused punching bags.
"I think thats enough for today," he sighed, carefully unwrapping his hands as he sat down on a bench near the door.

Bucky Barnes. The Winter Soldier. Hydra's weapon. A Howling Commando. Steve's friend since childhood. What happened? Steve spent years blaming himself for the fall, convinced that Bucky was gone from this world. But he was alive.
"You're my mission."

"Then finish it. Cuz I'm with ya til' the end of the line."

The look of recognition, of sudden guilt, a look of pain. Steve only saw it for a few seconds, but as soon as he hit the water and saw that metal arm reach out for him, he knew things were going to change again. Hopefully for the better this time. But his search for Bucky was a lost cause, or, thats what Tony had said.

A shadowy figure moved from its corner, stopping as soon as light touched it's shoes. Black boots. A whir of metal gears echoed through the gym and Steve immediately rose to his feet again to face the figure.

"That sound...," Steve had whispered to himself as he took a step closer.

The figure stepped out of the shadows and into the dimmed lighting of the gymnasium.

"Buck?"

No reply. But he was holding his right arm tightly, eyes shifted from Steve's surprised expression to the ground. Before Steve could ask Bucky any questions, the assin fell to the ground unconscious.

"Buck!"
_______________________________________________________________________________
Soooo... How was it? Leave me some comments and lemme know what you guys think of it. <3

First Stucky fic btw. So, please bear with me for now :)