"But...." I said trying to make him see that I didn't want to leave him deal with these problems alone, but he had interrupted me.

"Rose don't make this harder. It's for the best," he said while opened the door for me to leave.

"Is that all? After everything, we fought to be together, for what? To just throw everything away just because of a foolish scratch," I said closing the door, not letting him kick me out of the room. At this moment I was scared, but not scared of Dimitri. I wasn't scared that he won't let me be in his life anymore. "We can fight again and make you see that you are a dhampir, and not a monster," I said while he gently touched my scratch that he had made.

"Rose, I am a monster. You of all people should know that. After this, after what I did as a strigoi!" he was now screaming.

"I won't leave, I didn't before, and I won't leave you now. I will never leave you alone". I was trying my hardest to let him come close and see sense. I finally reached his lips. We shared a small but romantic kiss, but it only lasted for a second before it was broken by Dimitri.

"Well if you won't leave I will" he opened the door and exited the room leaving me in that ice-cold room. My world was shattered. I couldn't see my best friend anymore, and the love of my life left me alone. I couldn't stop the tears from drifting from my eyes anymore. I went to my room not hungry anymore. I try to make a call to Lissa, but of course, there wasn't any phone reception.

I was so tired of the darkness in my room and I thought though of how gorgeous the moon must look, so I decided to for once let the moonlight come in. I took the lock off the room's balcony door, and open it. The cool breeze came inside in a second and with comes the moonlight. The darkness disappears and a shiny blue light took its place. I was forgetting about all the horrible things that were happening around me and started to realize the beauty of nature.

I was gone from reality and had gone to a magical place. I was now thinking clear. I closed the door and went back to bed. I wanted to know what was happening in the moroi world, so I took my chances and went asleep without my Chotki. I didn't care if Robert would torch me. Tonight nothing would hurt me anymore.

I closed my eyes and ate first I was having a normal dream, but it wasn't long when I enter into a spirit dream. I was already prepared to be tortured all night. I was kinda hoping I would be punished for being such a horrible person to Dimitri. However, I was greeted by none other than my ex-boyfriend Adrian Ivashkov.

"Rose, where in the world have you been. Do you know how worried Lissa has been, and..." Adrian was interrupted by my hug.

"I am sorry, sorry that I broke your heart, sorry that I left without telling you, and that I can't explain to you," I didn't want to let him go. He was the only person that could hear me and understand me.

"It ok little Dhampir. What happened?" he was now looking straight into my eyes."I had to leave to protect Lissa," I said trying to calm down.

"How are Lissa and the others? Has anyone tried to harm her?" I was still shaking, but my voice was now firm.

"She is much safer than you, what happened? Are you with Belikov?" he made a couch appear in the middle of the rose garden in which the dream was taking place.

"I am perfectly fine, I just had to know how were you guys," I was not going to tell him where I was, let alone tell him that Abe was behind it.

"Lissa was been looking for you, and so has Abe," It was hard for me not to laugh when he mentioned my father looking for me when he was the one that brought me here.

"I can't tell you where I am or why I left. I can only tell you I am safe and that I am doing it to protect you guys," I gave him a reinsuring smile. He nodded his head saying that he understood.

"Christian thinks that someone took you. Which I thought was a ridiculous idea," he said laughing. It wasn't such a ridiculous idea when you know what happened. My parents and boyfriend kidnapped me, a great story to tell my future grandchildren.

"Lissa has been a great Queen, and Jill has been sent away. Some other guardian took your please as Lissa guardian. However, you will always be considered her official guardian you know," he was trying to convince me to come back with a little composition.

"You don't know how much I would like to come back, but I am protecting her by not being close to her at this time." I was fitting the urge to tell him everything and to tell him to come and get me, yet I had to stay out of sight.

"But from what are you protecting her? She has millions of guardians and she would be even safer with you around," he was still using composition. If he only had a clue that I was protecting all the spirit users by staying away. If I went back they would ask me how spirit had harmful effects on me.

"I will come back someday, but I can't promise you that it will be soon. Just give me a little time, I am fine, I am with Dimitri and other guardians." I said trying to make him see that I was better. "I know, you're aura is shining, and that's a first," he brushed his hair with his fingertips. It was hot here, not like the house where I was staying at that was freezing every second of the day. I placed my hair to one side of my neck, trying to keep myself fresh.

"What the hell is that? Rose who did that to you?" he came closer to me. Crap I had forgotten the scratches that I had received earlier that night.

"Training," I said pulling my hair back in its original place.

"You're lying, you're aura is going dark," he was now coming closer and closer.

"I am telling the truth, I was practicing with a new weapon," I was how up trying not to look straight at his eyes. He picked up my face and started using stronger composition.

"Who did this to you?" his last words finally shattered me my perfect ilusión. I couldn't take that much composition.

"D-Dimit.... stop," I said before fully saying Dimitri's name. "You just used composition on me, I thought you would trust me," I said crossing my arms. I was hoping he didn't hear the name I had given him.

"Belikov, I thought he would protect you, not scratching you," he swung his hands into the air. He was angry.

"It is none of your business to know about my life, after using your spirit on me," now I was furious.

"I just wanted answers. I care, Rose," he lowered his voice. The world started to fade away. Someone was waking me up.

"Tell Lissa I am ok, that I will try and fix everything, and come home." I tried my best to speak before the dream was over.

"Rose I need to know more..." he was despairing. His figure was hard to make out.

"Sorry..." I said trying to tell him I wasn't going to come back to one of these dreams in a long time.

As I went back into my original body I could feel cold, strong finger on my neck. Taking the are out of my lungs. My eyes couldn't put together the shapes, thanks to the darkness. However, a little light came and shined on top of the figures head. The paleness of its skin was creepy, as well as his red eyes. Then I stopped fighting. I realized that this battle couldn't be more hopeless. A strigoi was strangling me, and I couldn't move.