"Evelyn!" She bellowed, and that was my Que to follow. I gave Wesley one last fleeting look before quickly following up behind her.

"You're not to see that boy anymore, do you hear me?" She pressed once we entered the living room, which now everyone was sitting in, all engrossed in their own conversations.

"Why not?" I couldn't help but get angry at her, she couldn't stop me from seeing my own mate godammit!

"Because he forced himself on you did he not?" My mum turned around and sat me on the couch beside her.

"Ur yeah, I mean..."

"You mean?"

"Nothing" I shook my head and turned my head to what the conversation had now turned to.

"So as most of you all know we sent Mr. Evans to see his long-lost daughter, last night." our beta cooed demeaning, and I had to stop myself from punching him, he was such a douche! This wasn't just anyone we where talking about. This was my best friend.

"He dropped off the ransom letter on the doorstep, so they have received information of our little hostage downstairs, Evelyn how's the fellow holding up?" The whole pack turned to me, and I nodded my head unsure of what to say.

"Okay?" I answered, but it sounded more like a question.

"Well alright then, so as you all know we will be commencing mission swap kids tomorrow at twelve, any questions?"

"You're making this sound like an FBI attack, it's a lousy kidnapping which isn't even going to work" I muttered, but of course everyone heard me. Good.

"It is going to work! Little girl, you would do anything for your father if you believed he was in trouble and so will she. It's the perfect plan." He smirked, and I backed down as he repeated the plan allowing me to hear just how they were going to kidnap my best friend, and they were right. It was going to work.

I lay face down on my bed with my face buried in my pillow and groaned. Unfortunately, we where stuffed, well Sky was stuffed, but also so was mine and Wesley's relationship, aw crap did I just say relationship? This really must be what tragedy feels like. Urg! My eyes opened slightly as I turned on my side seeing my mom fast asleep, with my father. Remind me never to stay in a room with these guys again, they... snuggle. I shivered, it reminded me of those old 'family holidays' in a tiny room where you all got cramped in and was like a sauna at night. I shook that thought away and slowly sat up making the bed creak slightly, I froze and looked over to my parent's unmoving forms before I got up.

I didn't know what time it was, everyone was asleep... everywhere. Literally, this house wasn't made for more people than the average size of a suburban family, so the thirty or so wolves slept on most of the free floor space everywhere you went, so I found myself hopping over sleeping bodies as I made my way down to the basement.

I felt relief as I saw him again, even though it had only been a few hours, but I guess I didn't know how much I really missed him until I saw him again.

He was curled up on the floor sleeping, he looked so peaceful in his sleep, but then again most people do. I was tempted just to sit there and watch him. Things would be much easier if we didn't have to talk about that kiss or the fact that I now realized that he was right and we were mates.

"I feel violated" He mumbled, still with his eyes closed. My eyes went wide. Was he awake?

"Well wake up then" I shrugged.

"I am, just resting my eyes."

"Yeah sure" I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, what are you doing? I thought your mom forbid you to see me" He sighed, unaffected by my presence and that made me mad. I came down here because my head was so messed up about him that I couldn't sleep, but he seemed perfectly fine. Urg, he made me want to go in there and hit him until he apologizes and then kiss him- confuse him, as he confuses me. I looked down at him, he wasn't even looking at me. That little f*cker, and 'he' that annoying little idiot over there is my mate!