Part II

I awoke in a hospital room, connected to a bunch of different machines. I don't remember how I got there or the events that previously occured as a nurse strolled into my room. "What's today's date?" The nurse gave me a look of stupidity as if I've been dead for a while. "It's July 3rd, 2002." She responded. It took me a few minutes to asorb this information. Thankfully though, the doctor walked in at that moment. "Oh Ms. Blackwell, you're awake!" I nodded, confused as hell as my head pounded like mad. "What am I doing here?" I asked, then watched his expression. He sighed heavily, which is never good. "Ms. Blackwell, you've been in a coma for 13 years." The nurse and him exchanged worried glances as I sat on the bed and thought about this carefully. "You mean to tell me, I've been out cold in a coma for 13 years?! How do you know?" I felt stupid and exhausted, but I had to know. "When wasw I brought here?" I asked, feeling curious. Surprisingly, the doctor shuffled through the file he was holding in his shaky grip, then he found the right file. "You were brought in on June 4th, 1989 at 7:30pm." Something about that date seemed familiar, but now was so not the time to be wasting energy  just trying to remember this specific date. The doctor said something I didn't catch. Just then, a young woman, about 22 walked in, heels clicking against the tile. She was 6'1, had a smooth and deep velvety voice and she had an athletic build. "Hello Sami, I'm Debra. I'm your case worker." She spoke with a bit of a birtish accent and shook my hand. She explained why she was there and where I headed next, pausing a bit. "You'll be living with Izzy and her family in Dallas, Texas. I assume you've been there?" It was more of a question than a statement. I shook my head, which surprised her greatly. A week and a half later, I found myself sitting in the front seat of Debra's Mustang Convertible. To be honest with you, I was scared as hell to meet my new family, so I wrote a very short journal entry. 

July 10th, 2002

Dear Diary,

Today's been rough, but I'm working through it slowly but surely. Right now, I'm in Texas, about to meet my new family. What happened on June 4th, 1989 that had me in the hospital and put me in a 13 year coma? Well,it doesn't matter, I guess. I get to start a new life, but I found a picture of a boy. He's very handsome, but I don't know who he is. I'll have to look him up later, because right now, my new future begins.