CHAPTER 1

When I woke up, I was 329 miles away from home and 86 feet high up in the sky, flying on a helicopter. I was in Selangor. The pilot informed us of our landing beside a cave on a mountain top. We touched the rocky ground. I failed remembering the mountain's name. The weather-change had frozen the surroundings. Greeneries now pale and dense with snow. My guessing: Gunung Titiwangsa, relying on the mountain's height.

"Hey, Chester, need help getting down, eh?" I heard Aneeta's voice as I noticed the surroundings.

"No, thanks," I smiled at her.

"Well, come on, then. No time to waste," she spat out. I noted her annoyance. I realized she was more angry than concerned about me. Beside her, Sathveen gave me a frustrated look. So, I got down.

I almost fell on the slippery ice-covered ground. Nearly everything was frozen and it was spreading all over Southeast Asia. Soon, the whole world. Stone-like black snow fell. Only if Experiment-005 hadn't gone wrong, I thought, things would've been different. People would've been safer. I shivered as cold air blew. Even wearing a thick jacket didn't help much.

Sath and Ann were rushing me, happily. I, maybe, deserved it. Everyone hated me, for failing the experiment. Little did they know, that it wasn't my fault. I blame Sir Terry. That evil bastard who messed-up my Coding lists and altered the weather into eternal winter, making Malaysia a wasteland. (Coding lists are programmed to control weather.)

Weeks ago, I was the most respected 18-years-old teenager in Malaysia but now, the most-hated-person.

Long story short: Three months ago, I saw a star, Andromeda, burst into million pieces, held a shape and circled earth's orbit. According to Astrophysics, this phenomenon indicated natural disasters.

I informed this to Sir Terry. We investigated it and found a way to preserve earth from natural disasters. So, we collected some gas released during the star-burst and fused it with Zinc-smoke. Sir Terry's theory: this fusion will help prevent earth from natural disasters, neutralize heated-volcanoes and reduce their shapes into subatomic particles. Impossible it seemed but, it worked. The whole world knew about it. I cared less about my successful experiment's side-effects. Indonesian volcanoes reduced in size due to the fusion. We experimented further to find out if Malaysia can have a winter season. Being the puppet I was, I agreed to everything Sir Terry had said. He even told me if snow falls, it'll help cool down the land. Snow started falling (The good one) and we controlled it using my coding system.

However, Sir Terry had insidious plans, like betraying humans and miscoding weather-control systems for malevolent entities. He made a fool out of me.