Chapter 2

"Hamish? Can we talk?" I was sitting on the love seat next to the couch.

Hamish sighed "what is it now?" He walked in and sat across from me. He snapped his fingers and the butler came in with a goblet of wine.

"Well..." I looked down rubbing my hands together.

"Spit it out, woman! You've interrupted my personal business, now what is it?!" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I-I'm pregnant." I clutched my dress breathing heavy.

He sighed again "of course you are, slut." He raised the wine to his lips.

I swallowed hard and bit my lip "th-there's more..."

He quickly lowered it looking at me and slowly got up. "That child better be mine!" He raised his hand to backhand me.

"It is! Honest!" I shielded myself.

"Then what's the problem?"

"I d-don't want your child, and n-never will!"

Then his hand came down and hit me in the face with all the force he could. Then he began hitting me with rage. "How dare you, you worthless bitch!"

I lay there screaming at the top of my lungs. "Fine! Fine I'll keep it! Please stop! Don't hit me! That hurts!"

"Alice! Wake up! You're having a nightmare!" Tarrant's hands were gripped tightly on my shoulders, shaking me.

My eyes snapped open, I was coated with sweat and struggling to catch my breath.

I looked around, we seemed to be in a hospital room.

"Where are we?" I sat up quickly, he gently laid me back down.

"Marmoreal hospital wing. You were having a nightmare, was it the same one?"

I shook my head. "No, this one was worse." I wiped the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand. "Much, much worse."

"Tell me what it was about, please?" He held my hand.

"I don't want to tell you, you will be angry..."

He frowned "please? I'll try my hardest to contain myself."

I sighed "do you promise not to tell a soul?"

"Absolutely! Now please tell me. I hate seeing you like this."

I took a deep breath "it was about Hamish."

He scowled, eyes rapidly turning red. "Wha' di' 'e do to yeh this time?"

"He beat me after I told him certain news and I wanted to take care of it."

"Wha' was th' news?"

I bit down on my lip and tears fled from my eyes. I sobbed shaking furiously. 'How was I going to tell him about my incident?'

"Alice! Look a' meh, Ah'm 'ere! Ah won' e'er let 'em hurt yeh!"

My tears made him blurry, the upside was that I didn't have to look at him directly in the eye. I whispered "he raped me and got me pregnant."

Even if my eyes made him unclear, I saw his facial expression darken, eyes nearly black. "He di' wha'?"

"Tarrant, I'm pregnant with his child." I clutched his hand sobbing.

He raised his voice "an' wha' di' yeh plan to do wi' it?!"

"I don't want it. I never have, I told him and he lost it. He threatened to kill me if I ride it."