Chapter three

Instagram and Twitter: auroranossen

Her first class was Potions, so Snape entered half an hour before his session would begin. Phoenix was already sitting behind Dumbledore's desk. Fully dressed in a second handed robe, a little bit too big, but unnoticeable. Her dark air was braded and drawn out of her face, falling down her back. Snape didn't say anything only grabbed her arm and pushed her not too harshly out of the office. She held the Potions book in both of her arms, as it was one of her precious things. A beige bag was hanging over her shoulder were her ingredients were.

Twenty minutes before the lesson began they entered and she plumped down on an empty desk on the front row. She had already eaten so she had good time. Nervous she folded her hands on the table and concentrated on them. Glancing up at Snape who was writing something on the board. It went slow, reading it, but she was a fast learner. McGonagall had thought her.

Phoenix was never much of a talker and that didn't help her getting friends. During the class she was mostly silent and listened to whatever Snape said. She felt people staring at her, but she ignored them on the outside. On the inside she was fighting the urge to look back. "I am Hermione Granger." A girl with bushy hair smiled and brought out a hand. Phoenix stared at it, then at the girl, before giving it a weak shake. Her reaction to the bushy girl didn't make Hermione want to become Phoenixes new best friend and she quickly hurried away. Phoenix just stared at the place the girl had disappeared. Before blinking and coming back to her senses. She picked up her book and her remaining ingredients. She copied the others who had held out their potion in the sink. But before she was about to do so, she looked curiously at the brown liquid who should have turned a dark green. She was about to touch it with her finger, but a hand stopped her. Grabbing her arm in the last second and taking the cauldron out of her hand. Snape quickly emptied it and threw it in the sink. "Tell me girl, are you suicidal?" He barked. She shook her head surprisingly, a little bit taken aback. Snape sighed and clearly had problems holding back the words in his mouth, instead he looked at her as she was the most unknowing stupid person in the world.

She was late to transfiguration so she almost ran out the door to make it. Almost making a chair fall over. McGonagall's lesson wasn't exactly easy. She was supposed to turn a cup into a bird. Over half of the people in the class managed it. First a girl with bushy hair with on purpose had taken the seat on the other side of the classroom. Misunderstanding Phoenix intentions' earlier that day. "Feraverto." She mumbled. Using her wand. "Feraverto, Feraverto, Feraverto!" She continued. When it was almost ten minutes left of the class she gave up. Clasping her wand down on the desk and scowling at the cup in front of her. She continued scowling at the cup, folded her hands on the table in front of the cup and emptied her thoughts. Thinking that she wanted the cup to turn into a bird black and white. "Feraverto." She thought and watched the cup rise into a bird. A few mumbles went around in the room by the people that had watched Phoenix use magic without a wand. Phoenix didn't hear them though. Looking satisfied when the bird began flying around in the room. Its wings moving perfectly. No mistake made. It wasn't before McGonagalls voice said, "Class over." She was brought back to reality and she picked up her books and left.

At the end of the school day the teachers was waiting for her in Dumbledore's office. Ready to give report on how she was doing. "Well..." McGonagall began, lookingat Phoenix who were holding Diamond on her lap. "She is doing great, only that she doesn't use her wand." She said, realizing how stupid it sounded. Professor Flitwick nodded, saying the same thing. Dumbledore's eyes landed on Phoenix who shrank back a little. Realizing she might have done something wrong. "Sorry." She mumbled looking down. It was completely silent for a moment and she said. "It's just that-" She cut herself of and looked at her fingers again. "Just what?" She heard McGonagall say. "Its so much easier." She mumbled at last. A wand was so complicated, but her mind was easy. A wand was like relying on something else, a material with its own mind. You had to train and learn it things together with yourself learning, but her minds was her own, she could control it. She had the control. "That's very...unusual." She heard Snape say for the first time.