"Un, I think I understand that too. Somewhat."

Michiko smiled wryly after hearing their conversation. Yes... Tou-san did not die for nothing... He protected us... He protected the village... We, who inherited his will, shall protect the village... and everyone.

"The rain stopped." said Sakura. Michiko looked up at the sky as it clears.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

She believes so.

...............

"They were able to avoid complete destruction, but it looks like the damage was great."

"The village that prospered like no other... has become pitiful."

"That's out of character. So even a person like you has an attachment to his home village?"

"No. I don't."

...............

Kakashi was reading one of the Icha Icha series for the n^th time. As he was about to reach the climax of the novel, someone knocked on his door.

"Hmm?" He set his book down and went for the door.

"Michiko?" Kakashi stepped aside and allowed Michiko to move into the room.

"Can I stay the night?" Michiko asked as she sat on the bed.

Kakashi nodded. "Couldn't sleep?"

"Un."

Kakashi went to the kitchen and came back with a cup of warm milk after a short while.

"Here, drink this."

Michiko finished the milk and passed the cup back to Kakashi. She then makes herself comfortable on the bed. After washing the cup, Kakashi joined her. He sat and leaned against the bed frame before pulling Michiko into his embrace. Her head was resting on his chest while she hugged him.

"I thought you'd sneak into Asuma's room and snuggle against him when you can't sleep." Kakashi teased.

Michiko looked up at Kakashi and ruffled his hair. "What? Are you jealous?"

"Of course not!" He laughed.

"Mah, even if I wanted to... He's not at home tonight." Michiko stuck her tongue out.

"Oh? So I'm your plan B?"

"Heehee..." Michiko grinned as she reached for Kakashi's mask. She quickly pecked the corner of his lips before lying on his chest again.

Kakashi smiled as he sighed. He knew very well the reason why she was having insomnia, and he was trying to distract her mind elsewhere. Michiko adjusted a little to a comfortable position before closing her eyes, enjoying the scent and warmth of Kakashi. Kakashi picked up his book and continued reading where he left off. Michiko felt some movement and opened an eye.

"How many times have you read that book? Aren't you bored of it?"

"A good book is worth reading over and over again."

"Hehhh... Ever since Jiraiya-sama's books are published, you've been reading it. Is it really that interesting?" Michiko raised her brow.

"Mah... It is." Kakashi answered with his eye not leaving the book. Michiko was bored enough so she decided to take a peek. Kakashi was too focus on his book and did not notice Michiko was reading it as well.

After reading several pages...

"Hehhh... It's kinda boring." Michiko yawned.

"Y-You w-were r-reading it?" Kakashi blushed.