He looked hurt. "Why?" He asked defensivly.

"Um. Because. My social worker would disapprove and I can't leave Joseph there by himself."

He rolled his eyes. "Lucy. You're going to have to leave him sooner or later. And my dad can handle your social worker. I already talked to my parents about it-"

"You what!? Kyle, why would you do that?" I said to him, getting slightly angry.

"IM JUST TRYING TO HELP LUCY!" He yelled at me and banged his fists against the steering wheel.

I stared at him in disbelief. I have never heard him yell like that before. My mouth went dry and I felt like I've been punched in the stomach. I felt tears welling in the corner of my eyes.

I turned and looked out the window and we were silent for the rest of the ride to his house. I wanted to just have him drop me off at home but I couldn't get the words out.

He stopped and turned the jeep off and put his head on the steering wheel. I looked at him, not knowing what to do or say so I just sat there.

"I don't understand." He said quietly, almost to where I couldn't hear him. He looked up and stared at me and said, "I don't understand what's so important about this kid."

I went to say something but he put his hand up to stop me from talking and said, "You've been through so many foster homes with so many foster kids, but this one you just have an attachment to and I dont get why."

"Don't you want a stable home Lucy?" He asked me with frustration.

"Of course. But Joseph means too much to me." I said calmly.

"AND WHAT ABOUT ME?!" He yelled.

I didn't say anything.

"Well Lucy? DO YOU EVEN WANT TO BE WITH ME?" He started yelling again, turning red with anger.

I looked into his eyes and silently started crying.

I thought about the way he makes me feel. How he makes my skin tingle and heat rise all through my body. How I want him in more ways than one. About How much I love him.

"Yes." I said quietly.

He looked at me.

"Yes." I repeated louder. "I'm in love with you Kyle. I would chose you over anyone."

He looked at me again. And then I ran out the door, and let my wolf be free for the first time in too long.

***

I realized how good it felt to be in my wolf form. I could be like this forever but I knew I had more important priorities than to play around all night, like talk to Kyle.

I went towards Kyles house and went to the back porch. There were clothes sitting on the step so I returned to my human form and put the clothes on. They must be Kyles because they smell just like him. I had apair of his flannel pants on and a white t-shirt that was big but comfortable.

I walking in through the back door and screamed when I saw Kyle's dad sitting at the breakfast bar in the kitchen drinking a beer and reading the newspaper. He looked at me and said, "Have a nice run?"

I nodded my head and looked down at the floor.

"Do you like reading the newspaper?" He asked me.

I looked up in shock and looked at him. He wasnt even looking at me though. He was sipping his beer and reading the paper.

"Um. Not really." I replied quietly.

"Wouldn't expect you to." He said with a laugh. "It's internet with you kids these days."

I didn't know what to say so I just looked at the floor. I heard him turn around to look at me and he said, "My son's in his office. I think he's expecting you." He nodded towards the hall leading towards the foyer. "It's the first door on the left." And with that he turned around and went back to his beer and newspaper.

I followed his direction and knocked on the door I believed was Kyle's office.

"Come in." I heard Kyle's voice say from the other side of the door. I walked in and stared at him. "Oh. Lucy." He said, closing his laptop.

I stared at him. "Your dad said you wanted me."

"We're adopting Joseph." He said.

My jaw dropped. "You're what."

"Well. You said you cared about him and that you wouldn't leave him there alone and I don't want you living there so I convinced my parents to adopt him since I can't." He explained to me.

I smiled at him and ran over to him. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah."

I kissed him so hard that I almost broke my lip open. "I love you so much."

He laughed and said, "I love you so much too. Thats why im doing this."

I kissed him hard again and then I hugged him; realizing I never wanted to let go.