One:

I waited down under the window of my father's office, hearing him and Yuki talk about the so called pacifism the aristocrats practiced loud and clear for me. Don't get me wrong, I love them both dearly, it's just for me being what I am it's hard to be so relaxed in their vampires' presence and to constantly speak of them was stressful.

    Lupine. The lesser-known and more oppressed species, the ones forced into servitude since the Vampire wars thousands of years ago and hunted by the unsympathetic of the Vampire Hunters association.

    Since those vampires were invited here by father, who usually has the best intentions, but can be dense when it comes to relations of Vampires, Lupine, and Humans. My kind is a bit lacking in the area of representation. In fact, my true species remains a secret to everyone except Zero and my father. Not even Yuki or her precious Kaname knows.

    I kick my foot off of the wall when I hear the window slide open and my sister enthusiastically vow, "It's all gonna work, don't you worry, headmaster, just leave it to us guardians!" before sliding out of the area she lands, laughing at the comical headmaster's disappointment.

    "Let me guess, Zero stormed out again?" She jumped up and nodded sadly before narrowing her eyes and pointing at me, going into another Yuuki scolding.

    "Well at least he showed up, you never come to meetings anymore!" She scolds in the typical Yuki fashion. Well, at least she isn't punching me, poor Zero, for such a little girl, her fists hurt.

    "Well, they seem pointless." Also, if I have to hear one more speech about humans and vampires coexisting I may just kill someone, preferably Aido, "Anyways, we should get on patrol."

    "Alright." She huffs and runs off on her route, me following behind as we weave through the elegant courtyard and the gardens as we watch for any students out past curfew. I can tell she's thinking about her past again, the way she distantly looks around.

    I, myself, never had a past other than being raised by Kaien so I suppose it's hard for me to understand. I know I probably had parents who were probably killed, but they were never more to me than a brief thought. Kaien is my father, Yuki is my sister, and Zero...I'm not sure what we are, but I know we're all family and I never had another.

    Yuki pauses, leaning one of the white arches of the main building to take a breath, I stop next to her to catch one myself, but was interrupted by the emerald-eyed aristocrat who noticed us immediately, "Oh, hello." he smiles softly, he's always had a calm and kind demeanor. I have a feeling he's the only vampire I could stand here, "Thank you for all the hard work, you really do a great job."

    Yuki awkwardly stood there for a second before abruptly bowing and dashing off, leaving me without a thought.

    "Hello, Anastasia." I simply cocked a brow at Kaname, who was previously watching Yuki and now examined me too closely for my liking. I gently smiled at Takuma, "Thank you for the compliment, it means a lot to her." I ignore the pureblood's eyes while walking off calmly as to not be suspicious.

Rude? Perhaps, but I don't take kindly to him stringing along my sister. That doesn't mean Takuma is evil by association, however.

    I only caught onto Takuma speaking until I was out of range, "Those two are very interesting." I shook my head and started towards the fountain, finding Yuki in the process of pulling her head out from under the water and shaking her short brunette hair dry.

    "Better?" She jumps when I speak to her.

    "Yup, let's go!" She exclaims, dashing off again towards a bunch of trees.