two

Sitting in an uncomfortable chair was not the way Mason wanted to be telling her mother about her life problems. She had been there for thirty minutes telling her mom about Jacob Black.

"He was so sweet and he actually laughed at my jokes mom, my jokes.... laughed." She used her hands to frantically tell her story.

Natasha Connor let out a soft laugh. "Did you tell him the werewolf one?"

"Of course." Mason gave her mom a 'what the hell' look. "He even said one back. Wanna hear it?" Her mom nodded. "Why did the mommy and daddy werewolves name their son Camera?"

"I don't know, why?" The elder bruenette asked.

"Because he was always snapping at things!" Mason exclaimed.

"Wow, that was very good. I applaud him." Natasha started to clap.

Mason then began to explain about the walk they had and how he caught a crab, Natasha couldn't help but smile at the way her daughter explained everything with a wide smile and glowing eyes. It almost saddened her; knowing that she wouldn't be around much longer to see how things turn out.

"You like him?" Her motherly instincts kicked in.

"Yeah he's really cool. He also works on trucks which is awesome bec-" She saw the look on her moms face and paused. "Oh, you meant romantically." Mason was then at a loss for words.

Jacob was handsome, there was no denying that, he made her smile and laugh. Mason had never been in a relationship, she never opened herself up to people, afraid of getting hurt. Her father passed away in a car accident years ago, her mother was struggling to breathe, and her step-father was never around. She never really had friends, other than Bella, so all she had was family; and even they were gone. The thought made her eyes burn.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink. Do you want anything? No? Okay, i'll be back." Mason quickly replied, running out of the claustrophobic room before Natasha could reply.

Fast-walking down the halls, she made it to an empty waiting room where she leaned against the wall and looked up, trying to make the tears go away. That didn't help though, her wet cheeks glistened against the ceiling lights. Mason slid herself down the wall, hugging her knees to her chest tightly she then began to sob. This happened at least once a month, the realization of loosing her best friend hit her hard. Her sobs echoed throughout the room, allowing her to realize how alone she really was.

"Mason?" She heard a familiar voice ask.

Her head shot up to the direction it came from, she saw him standing in the doorway. "J-Jacob?"

"Yeah, are you okay?" He started making his way towards her.

She stood up too fast, making her head spin. "I'm fine." The brunette wiped her face.

"You don't have to lie to me Mason. What's wrong?" He grabbed her wrist so that she would stop trying to cover up her recent state.

She looked down at his hands, refusing to make eye contact. "Like i said last week; life."

"Mase." He began, his voice was gentle.

"Why are you here?" She did her best to change the subject.

He let go of her and sighed. "Quil decided to race me on his four-wheeler, didn't really turn out well."

She looked up at his face and noticed the dirt and dried blood. They then just stared at one another. Jacob furrowed his eyebrows as he saw how dark her brown eyes were compared to the day they met, he saw how they began to fill with tears. Her lip quivered as she looked at him, feeling comfort in his soft eyes.

"My mom's dying." Her voice broke, and that was it; she fell apart for the first time in front of someone.

Jacob immediately reacted by grabbing her and pulling her body to his. Her shoulders shook against his chest as she let out a heartbreaking sob. Wrapping her small arms around his torso, she allowed him to stroke her hair and lay his chin on top of her head. He knew how this felt; the feeling of complete and utter uselessness. They stayed like that for about ten minutes, neither of them minding the others presence.

"I'm sorry." Mason's voice croaked.

"It's okay." Jacob released her.

"No, I-I've never done that." She looked down in shame. "I didn't want to allow myself to cry. I don't want to give up on her ya know? I always feel so weak when i cry."

"Yeah, i know exactly how you feel?" He told her, she looked up at him in shock. "When i was nine, my mother died in a car accident."

"I'm so sorry Jacob." Mason said. "My dad died when i was 15, car accident also." She looked down and continued. "All i have is my mom, she has stage four pancreatic cancer. The doctor told me that ninety-four percent of pancreatic cancer patients will die within five years of diagnosis, it's been 6. Then, he said that only seven percent will survive more than five years." She let out a sad laugh. "I'm kinda hoping that my anxiety kills me before she dies."

Jacob shook his head and smiled, grabbing her hand. "Everything's going to be ok. It's going to be really rough the first few months, and then the first holidays; those are the worst." He watched her nod in agreement. "We may have just met but i am here, i think we understand each other better than you and Bella. Which now technically makes me the bestest friend, of you of course." He smiled a wide smile when he heard her laugh.

"Oh yeah, totally."She shook her head and smiled. "Thank you, for all of that."

"Don't mention it." He shrugged. "Hey, they have this really cool place down town that has the best milkshakes, my dad took me there when i was sad. Might really help."

Mason couldn't help the huge grin that made it's way on her face. "Let me go get my coat."

●●●

I hate myself :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))