Chapter 3

The door swings shut as I put my phone back in my pocket.

Instead of turning around to see her wandering around the room, she is still right behind me. Our chests bump and I instinctively grab her waist. My heartbeat quickens when her hands land on my chest. I swallow hard and try to control my breathing.

"Uh..welcome to my hotel room," I stare at her lips, so perfectly shaped. Her mouth is just slightly open, and I think of what her lips taste like outside of acting.

They must taste different, more real.

"It's..very..nice.," her breathing is shaky and she licks her lips as she looks into my eyes.

"Would you..like something to drink?" I inch my face closer to hers and brush my lips over her ear.

"I would love..something to drink," she drags out the word love. I can feel her lips quiver against my cheek. I bring my face in front of hers again, and our lips barely skim each others. I put my forehead against hers and close my eyes.

You shouldn't be doing this. You should be with Torrey during her last couple minutes in Atlanta.

You're married to Torrey.

You love Torrey.

"What are you thinking?" Nina's eyes close and she pulls me by my shirt so I am closer to her.

"Th-that this is wrong..but I can't find it in myself to stop," I whisper so quietly I'm not even sure she heard me.

"Why not?" she whispers back, moving her face closer. I don't respond for a second.

I think about how we have come to this.

How did we go from only kissing in front of a camera to nearly kissing because it feels good?

Does it matter?

"Because I don't want to," I finally say.

Then I do what I've been fighting all this time. I give in to her.

I push my lips onto hers and notice they do taste different, sweeter.

She jumps into my arms and wraps her legs around my waist. I push her into the wall closest to us, and break our lips apart. She gets down from the wall as I pin her by her wrists against it. I feel her chest drop and rise with every breath she takes. I unbutton her top as I start to kiss her again. She smiles against my lips and shrugs out of the now unbuttoned shirt.

Moments later, she grabs the bottom of my shirt and pulls upward, sliding it over my head. When I'm out of the shirt, I throw it to the floor next to her discarded one and smile as she puts her hands on me.

This isn't at all like filming the various make out scenes in the past.

We travel to the bed and she pushes my chest so I land on it first. I lightly tug at her arms until she falls softly on top of me. Our lips touch again, but this time I break the kiss and turn my head away. She tries to pull my face towards her again, but I resist.

"Nina," I say firmly.

"What's wrong?" she looks hurt. I hardly convince myself to hold her gaze.

"This isn't right. I don't want it to be like this. I don't want to force you to do anything you don't want to do," I look into her eyes, hopeful that she'll understand and stop.

"You're not forcing me to do anything I don't want to do. This is all me," she smiles as she says this and I cup her face with my hands.

"I just know you'll regret it," I smile slightly and rub her bare shoulders, suddenly thinking she could be cold.