26: Spider-Skills

Peter skated in circles for a while, thinking about Wade. He eventually got bored of circles and decided to skate in squares instead. Just kidding; he skated from side to side of the building, going up the ramps and trying to skate horizontally, even if only for a second. He could never manage it.

He flew down the ramp on one side of the building and crouched down on his board, getting himself ready to go up the next wall. He did and rose too fast, causing the board to fly out from under him. Peter's hands scrambled to grab the wall, even though he knew he wouldn't be able to hold onto it. The tips of his shoes hit the wall and his palms hit it flat and he squeezed his eyes closed, hoping he would feel less pain from the fall that way.

Pain never came.

He slowly opened his eyes and stared at his hands in amazement. It was as if they were super-glued to the wall. He looked down at his feet and his grin widened. It was as if they too were stuck to the wall. He moved his right hand down about half a foot and slowly crawled down the wall, all the while staring at his hands as if they were magical.

"I did that," he whispered to himself with a grin. Then he decided to test it further.

~~~

Peter was swinging from chain to chain when his phone rang. He kept swinging until he reached the right chain and grabbed it, sliding down slighty. He crashed on top of the table and laughed to himself, brushing himself off. He jumped off the table and ran to his jacket on the ground and grabbed his phone, holding it to his ear.

"Hello?" he said tiredly, panting slightly.

"Peter?" Tony asked in confusion. "What are you doing?"

"I was skateboarding," Peter answered, trying to catch his breath. "I just did this super cool trick and had to run a lot. Energy usage. What's up, dad?"

"You need to come home now. It's almost six and your Pop is making that really good pasta dish he makes." Peter was nearly drooling at the thought.

"Alright. I'll be home soon. Anything else?" He always asked if there was anything else, just to remind his parents of anything they still needed to tell him.

"Um, no, not really..." There was a little pause and Tonys voice became muffled. "Steve, need to tell Pete anything?"

"We need his report card!" Steve's voice yelled. "One of those teacher e-mails said they got them on Friday."

"So you need my report card. Anything else?" peter asked again.

"Can you get eggs on your way home?" Tony's voice returned.

"Sure thing dad. I'll be back soon."

"Alright. Bye." The line went dead and Peter tucked his phone in his pocket. He pulled his jacket back on and grabbed his skateboard and left the open building, starting back to the city.

Peter walked past Central Park and turned the corner, continuing down toward Times Square. He passed the Disney Store and the M&M store and kept walking until he reached the base of Avengers tower. He felt the sudden urge to use his new-found powers, but decided against scaling the building, as it would be strange to see a 16-year-old boy climbing a giant building. He instead decided to abuse his new-found powers once he got in his room.

~~~

"Peter, dinner's ready!" Steve's voice rang down the hall and Peter sighed, putting the book-mark in his book and reaching down to put it on the top shelf. He reached to the side and pressed his hands to the walls, flipping right-side up. His brown hair flopped down back on his head and he crawled down the wall.